3/18/2023 12:40:35 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kimoko on 3/19/2023 10:37:29 AM
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 1:05:44 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

Sometimes breeders just happen to not have pups, or they are so used to just having to foreverhome litters due to no one purchasing they just don’t bother placing for sale anymore unless someone expresses interest. I do agree that having dogs for sale help attract new people/breeders so I always keep my decent pups up for 14 days before forever homing. But I hope your able to get into the breeds that you are interested in!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 2:09:07 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

When I am selecting the dogs I want to keep when multiple litters drop, I was automatically FHing those I don't need or want. It's not malicious. I've been getting better about listing dogs for sale since I have more players in my breed. I also don't want to add to my daily food bill as I like to sponsor as many shows as I can.

The bigger issue, to me, are those that withhold studs, but that's another post for another board.
 tarad202
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 2:26:30 PM reply with quote send message to tarad202 Object to Post

Sometimes it sucks being patient. But hopefully there will be some for sale soon!
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 3:19:38 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

In one of my other kennels, I started on a new breed for me. I bought the one pup that was for sale (not great quality) and eventually ended up with a couple of litters of poor quality. I contacted the only other kennel that seemed to be active in that breed, who had no pups or studs available, asking if perhaps if they had pups they would sell me one. The response was very positive, that they hadn't realize anyone else was in the breed and of course they would list pups and studs. That was over 4 months ago. Oh they have lots and lots of pups but none for sale, and only one aged stud listed despite their multitude of dogs.

At this point, much as I hate to, I am planning to get rid of this breed because there is really no future in a breed where the dominant breeder is determined to keep everyone else out.

Personally, I don't see the point in that and it was certainly not Jeff's intention when he created these sites. It is very frustrating.
 CzarinaTerriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 3:29:24 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaTerriers Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by XiZang
In one of my other kennels, I started on a new breed for me. I bought the one pup that was for sale (not great quality) and eventually ended up with a couple of litters of poor quality. I contacted the only other kennel that seemed to be active in that breed, who had no pups or studs available, asking if perhaps if they had pups they would sell me one. The response was very positive, that they hadn't realize anyone else was in the breed and of course they would list pups and studs. That was over 4 months ago. Oh they have lots and lots of pups but none for sale, and only one aged stud listed despite their multitude of dogs.

At this point, much as I hate to, I am planning to get rid of this breed because there is really no future in a breed where the dominant breeder is determined to keep everyone else out.

Personally, I don't see the point in that and it was certainly not Jeff's intention when he created these sites. It is very frustrating.

Since there response was positive the first time have you tried reaching about again perhaps about a specific litter? They may have just forgotten/assumed since no further contact you were not interested? I mean I have no way to know but it seems weird that you would get a positive response if they are actively choosing to be a closed kennel… usually they will just let you know they are not planning to sell/stud or just simply not answer. Odd! A shame you may be leaving the breed.
Everyone has the right to play however they see fit. So I do not take it personally if a kennel is closed even if it does suck sometimes. Especially in breeds with few or only that breeder. I personally love when new people join my breeds and try to help out as much as I can with some pups or even a breeding age gal if I can spare one! More the marier I say! Though I do admit to be extremely forgetful when it comes to studs but I do try to put any and all boys up at 30 days… sometimes does slip through the cracks for a bit though.

-----
Last edited by CzarinaTerriers on 3/18/2023 3:31:29 PM
 MoonKennels17
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 6:14:42 PM reply with quote send message to MoonKennels17 Object to Post

I typically always put my good pups up for sale and keep the best from the litter. So you'll likely always find some pups from me. But some kennels are closed and very nasty about it. There are several closed and mean Alaskan Klee Kai kennels that have very high SOP dogs and refuse to sell or offer studs and then go on to sabotage every shows so other kennels can't get any points. I'd love for this to be a community but some people do seem to want to ruin it for others.

Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2023 6:58:29 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I too put a few of each litter up for sale, no approval - unless they are REALLY bad.

Since I'm almost always overlimit, I might not be able to keep those for sale after 14 days. If you see one you'd like that is not listed, ask (you never know, lol).

Any studs are always available (if not, just ask - it's an oversight).
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 7:01:20 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I too put a few of each litter up for sale, no approval - unless they are REALLY bad.

Since I'm almost always overlimit, I might not be able to keep those for sale after 14 days. If you see one you'd like that is not listed, ask (you never know, lol).

(Dang timeout!)
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2023 8:12:13 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I put puppies for sale until 14 days. I also put studs up if I remember. And if anyone ever asks about help starting in the breed, I am glad to help. Afghan people seem to be very friendly and sharing, have been friends with some since I joined in 2008.

However, in some of my other kennels, I have noticed it's not always so.

I would advise Xizang to contact that kennel again when they have pups or when she needs a stud. It may well be that they forgot. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Good luck.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2023 10:14:26 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I put up dogs for sale frequently, no one buys them.
Sometimes I just FH them after a week.

What you can do it contact a breeder of a breed you are interested in. Maybe they will hep you.

I am a bit surprised at a post like this, frankly.

Carol
 Cardinal Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/20/2023 6:18:20 AM reply with quote send message to Cardinal Kennels Object to Post

I really enjoy the breeding part and put my decent pups up for sale across two family accounts with multiple breeds. I only leave them up for three days however since I do have them on premium feed.

All stud dogs up for $25 as well.
 Breezy Oak
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/21/2023 3:01:36 PM reply with quote send message to Breezy Oak Object to Post

I'm always happy to help out with Afghans(Imperial), Chis(BreezyOak) and Wirehaired Pointing Griffons(BreezyOak) if i have some available. If studs are needed just ask because a lot of times I forget to put them up.
 Onyxx
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/22/2023 11:03:36 AM reply with quote send message to Onyxx Object to Post

What breed are you interested in? I have several accounts with different breeds.

Also, if I see a kennel, I will send an email to them and ask if they would be willing to sell anything. Sometimes they respond, sometimes not.

Good Luck.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/22/2023 12:02:02 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

As mentioned above, in one of my other kennels I have a breed that apparently has only one other breeder. They have some high SOP studs that are not listed and pups are never listed. I sent them a respectful message about a week ago asking if they ever had pups available and also asking about a couple of their studs. No response. So I have done as much inbreeding as I can, using the one stud they have listed, an older dog. I am in the process of clearing out this breed, keeping maybe 2 bitches and 2 dogs just in case somewhere down the road there are other options. Oh well...
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/23/2023 5:07:45 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

I did eventually get responses from a few people but was ignored by others, as I expected would be the case. I decided to try some other breeds I have not played with before and also to try and rebuild at least one breed that is dead in the water. A couple people were genuinely kind and helpful. I will try to pay it forward.
 Llanelli
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/24/2023 3:02:56 PM reply with quote send message to Llanelli Object to Post

I’m not surprised. I emailed the only active kennel in a breed once, offering a ton of money for a bitch and they left me on read. I’m starting from scratch now using hidden studs, but it’s going to be several more months before they’re showable, esp. if the studs die off.
 Pulling Hair
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2023 4:40:53 PM reply with quote send message to Pulling Hair Object to Post

posted by

This is starting to happen in the Kooikerhondje breed as we now have a high sop kennel who won't reply to myself and another kennel asking if we could use their dogs at stud or purchase their lesser quality dogs. We are ignored. I seriously hope this is not going to be the same crap the Klees and American Eski's put up with. It is getting down right pathetic since these people got help when they first started in these breeds.

Pulling Hair
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2023 6:02:24 AM reply with quote send message to Pulling Hair Object to Post

It's looking to be the same crap. Hog all those shows, that'll run us off * rolls eyes *
 KOTAKAI
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2023 12:53:21 PM reply with quote send message to KOTAKAI Object to Post

posted by Pulling Hair

This is starting to happen in the Kooikerhondje breed as we now have a high sop kennel who won't reply to myself and another kennel asking if we could use their dogs at stud or purchase their lesser quality dogs. We are ignored. I seriously hope this is not going to be the same crap the Klees and American Eski's put up with. It is getting down right pathetic since these people got help when they first started in these breeds.

and that is precisely what I am referring to (I am the OC from another kennel). Unfortunately with zero admin interest, there is nothing we can do and the game will die a slow death. Admin has told me himself he has "zero interest in this game anymore as it is only 5% of his revenue" (that is a direct quote) .
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2023 1:05:09 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Not that I like or agree with closed kennels, but what do you expect Jeff to do? It's always been an option for game play, even before this game shrunk in numbers.

edit: always spelling

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 5/4/2023 1:15:32 PM

Replies in this thread : 50
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.