Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Anyone going to Westminster next week?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/3/2023 5:34:42 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post   

I haven't been since 2010 and I'm very excited. Only the first day in person, though, and I'll watch the livestream on Tuesday.
 Llanelli
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/3/2023 8:31:30 PM reply with quote send message to Llanelli Object to Post

Not this year since my breeder is judging my breed. My sister will though
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2023 12:35:02 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Aw, maybe next year. What's your breed?
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2023 4:21:59 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

To me it's just not WKC unless it's Mon/Tues in Feb at the Garden. Went every year for about 9 years back in the 70s with my Afghan Hounds, back before it was only specials. Got points there a couple of times which was a thrill! WKC at the river and at Lyndhurst is nice but it's just not the same!!!

Call me old.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2023 4:45:36 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I actually like that it's outside, and I haven't been to the National Tennis Center yet so it's a sightseeing trip for me, too.

I do wish it was back at MSG, that's much easier for me to get to. More things to do after the show, but I'm sure some people are happy that it's not a bench show this year!
 Llanelli
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/4/2023 7:11:08 PM reply with quote send message to Llanelli Object to Post

Welsh Springers happy :) I think New York in general is a clusterfluff (and expensive) so I’m only going to go if a dog I’m showing is in its prime and stands a chance at a ribbon
 Sunwing
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/5/2023 7:17:26 AM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post

Westminster is such a fun time! I wish I could go again but unfortunately it's now completely out of the way and I'd have to take connecting trains including the subway (which I'm not comfortable with). So doesn't look like I'll be going until they move venues again, which is unfortunate. But I was lucky enough to go a few times when it was in the garden. Loved that show! Have a blast!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2023 5:10:49 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

It was great! I wish I could go tomorrow, I really just want to see the Dobes but maybe next year. Photos from my so-so camera phone (mostly Poodles, of course laugh :D)

Toy Poodle photos happy :)

BOB winner GCHS CH Afterglow De La Passion (#1 Toy Poodle, #6 Toy)

BOS winner GCHB CH Delapassion Mojitos For Briar-Mar and AOM GCH CH Hoku Winter Is Coming

Select Dog GCHS CH Mari Small Town Son

AOM GCH CH Hoku Winter Is Coming

Some Standards

and BOB winner CH Hallifax Hightide Hedonist At Afterglow
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2023 9:01:55 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

So beautiful! Poodles are stunning dogs. My favorites have to be the terriers though, growing up with a welsh terrier cemented the group in my heart. Excited to see their breed judging live-streamed tomorrow.
 Llanelli
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2023 10:20:15 PM reply with quote send message to Llanelli Object to Post

Nice pictures!! What did you think of the venue? My sister used the phrase “$hit show” but she’s a bit pessimistic lol
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/9/2023 8:52:29 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thank you both!

Llanelli, from the spectator's perspective, I enjoyed it. It was very much like any other outdoor show, just more upscale like with the ring side seating (which neither the Garden nor the Piers had directly by the rings). It reminded me a lot of some shows I've been to in Florida with indoor/outdoor rings. The indoor arena was really nice. The tennis center itself is huge.

Looking at it from the exhibitor's perspective, I can see problems, though. Parking and travel to the center was pretty far. The grooming tent was really small, nothing like backstage at MSG. The outdoor rings are a lot smaller than I think they should have been, but they were working with two rings per tennis court.

All said, imo, it was a huge upgrade from the Piers. I hope they either bring it back to MSG or host it here again in the spring!

edit: spelling, always

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 5/9/2023 8:53:43 AM
 Whirlaway Welsh Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2023 10:20:36 AM reply with quote send message to Whirlaway Welsh Terriers Object to Post

Great pictures!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2023 10:45:41 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Thank you!

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.