Search

.com Forum · Lagotto Romagnolo

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Source Breeding / Color Breeding?
 Kennel Amadeus
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/14/2011 8:57:45 PM reply with quote send message to Kennel Amadeus Object to Post   

Is there a need for Source and/or Color breeding within the Lagotto Romagnolo?
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2011 2:13:39 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

go away.
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2011 7:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

You need to have more respect for your elders, Liam. razz :p

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2011 7:31:10 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

never maggie!

liam
 Oakenridge Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2011 3:45:01 PM reply with quote send message to Oakenridge Kennels Object to Post

Amadeus -

You could say there is yes.

The solid variants are more or less extinct. I have been breeding off whites as they are the hardest to keep and I'm aiming to bring them upto a showable SOP. Myseld and another kennel bought in some starters and used some very old dogs we came by to help bring it back.

Brown and orange is virtually extinct. Katori was the other color breeder and bred oranges and browns from some starters we bought in a while back. As she only just quit she has a dog left who is off white and has one orange parent. I would have taken him but I couldn't really afford to but you could try and bring some more color variance back.

I have some off white pups available from time to time if you're interested. If you would like a bit more detail on color breeding pm me and I'll be happy to help!

Thanks!

Kat

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.