Search

.com Forum · Borzoi

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : borzoi colors
 HisGlory
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/24/2014 5:21:24 PM reply with quote send message to HisGlory Object to Post   

hi can anyone help me with informing me about borzoi colors. i have a few golds in my hisglory kennel and want to try for white
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2014 6:33:01 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Message Lilliput - she can help! happy :)
 HisGlory
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2019 3:02:36 PM reply with quote send message to HisGlory Object to Post

Yes she can i was talking to her years ago about borzoi colors and she was so generous to help me thank you for your reply shes been playing and helping for many years
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/13/2019 7:39:17 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Keep an eye on the sales boards for them, sometimes you can pick up a white there, very low SOP but you've got to start somewhere. I used to have a few but I don't think I've got any reclaimable any more.
 Wordsmith
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/6/2019 1:22:50 PM reply with quote send message to Wordsmith Object to Post

I've been working with whites too. Haven't made a lot of headway yet. I do have a couple studs available and I try to drop any possible pups into sales in case they can help anyone out.

Most of the whites I can make available are low sop but I have some better pups out of whites listed.

As for the golds... Better luck there. I'm getting some midrange sops so far. Couple others are working with reds and gold too.
 Wordsmith
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/6/2019 1:26:30 PM reply with quote send message to Wordsmith Object to Post

For those working on the less common colors... Please put your boys up for stud. Its a huge help to everyone. happy :)
 Wordsmith
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/13/2019 9:57:34 AM reply with quote send message to Wordsmith Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Wordsmith on 4/25/2020 5:56:30 PM
 Wordsmith
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2019 1:29:42 AM reply with quote send message to Wordsmith Object to Post

Just when I had decided to give up on my whites... then I had a better pup show up in white. Not great or even good yet. But (sigh) I guess I'll dedicate a bitch or two and see if I goes anywhere.

I might have lost my gold in one of my mass culls. So I was wondering if anyone knows if that can be regained through the gold sable or if that is a no go?

My blacks are doing well. That's up in the mid 90's. I was tickled to see a couple other people working them too. Yay!

Meanwhile my unmasked colors are doing well but not quite there yet. Made it up to mid 80 SOP's finally. Now would be a good time to jump in if anyone wants to enjoy a challenge. I usually have some good brood pups available, though I do FH them at day 14 o keep the numbers tight. If anyone wants in on it I'd be glad to let them go cheaper.

Back to the kennel. wink ;)
 Wordsmith
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/9/2020 10:37:32 PM reply with quote send message to Wordsmith Object to Post

Now that my unmasked program is nearly competitive, I'm going to put more attention into my white program. If there is anyone interested in helping produce good quality white borzoi, just send me a message. I'd be happy to share any of my second pick pups.

Currently I have a couple litters of whites in the 20-40 SOP. I'll drop a couple into sales over the next few days. More and better coming soon.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.