Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : OTCH and UDX - "Unofficial" Titles
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/8/2016 5:45:31 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

So, with all these spreadsheets I've been playing around with for SD Chronicle, today I was considering tracking new CD, CDX and UD titles.
But that led me to consider UDX and OTCH titles -
We have the ability to meet the requirements, there's just no "tracking" going on and the system doesn't give out those titles.

So, what if we did it 'unofficially' -

on the spreadsheet - tinyurl.com/z464qq7

we would keep track of which dog's have met the requirements and earned the title - we'll announce it in the SD Chronicle, maybe you want to put the title in the call name?

Is there any interest? What do you think?

(I'd love to figure out how to do something similar with tracking, herding, etc)

anyway, if we kept the spread sheet record who would play along?

ShineBright
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2016 8:14:12 PM reply with quote send message to ShineBright Object to Post

I'd be interested in this. In order to keep myself entertained in this kennel I'm putting an UD on every breed. This could be another goal to work on.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2016 1:37:01 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

This would be a neat idea.
 Shaylynne
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/20/2016 5:47:41 AM reply with quote send message to Shaylynne Object to Post

Sounds like fun!
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2016 12:21:29 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

When I originally posted I did track Obedience for almost a month, but it was just too much for me to try and keep track of -

If anyone is interested in taking it on, I can help with creating a new spreadsheet, etc - but as much as I would like to see something like this I had to admit to myself that I didn't have the time to do it.

It would be awesome if we could convince Jeff to implement some obedience updates, but currently I don't see it happening.

Easiest would be UDX - as UDX just takes 10 qualifying scores in Utility

I was also tracking High in Trial for each day - I was going to do an ad in the Chronicle for either the highest score or the dog with the most HITs

The other thing I looked at was the OTCh using the points that are already awarded. Unfortunately, points are awarded based on how many dogs were in the class - which does NOT match the Obedience trial point schedule for OTCH

- so if you 'award titles' through the spreadsheet idea, you have to disregard the points assigned on the game and assign the correct # of points according the the AKC Obedience Trial point schedule.

anyhow, that was what I found when I was tracking it back in October. Again, if someone else wants to keep track I would be happy to help out to get you started and would love to be able to include some Obedience news/etc in the Chronicle each month.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2017 1:05:40 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

posted by rhondacline

Easiest would be UDX - as UDX just takes 10 qualifying scores in Utility

UDX requires 10 qualifying scores in Open at Utility at the same show.

Example:
Show X: 1 Q in Open + 1 Q in Utility = 1 UDX leg

Show Y: 1 Q in Open + NQ in Utility = No UDX leg

Show Z: NQ in Open + 1 Q in Utility = No UDX leg

On Showdog, UDX is pretty easy, but in real life, it is challenging!!!
 tammo
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2018 2:02:02 PM reply with quote send message to tammo Object to Post

Is there any plans on tracking obedience titles in the game? It’s to bad that there’s no way of knowing what titles dogs have other than confirmation.
For the game to track these, it would be a huge incentive for people to actually persue the titles!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class