Search

.com Forum · Sporting Breeds

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : ECS: Either 9.8 or 10.0 head-- no 9.9's exist -- any other breeds?
 Crosscroft
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/30/2017 4:32:02 PM reply with quote send message to Crosscroft Object to Post   

So with English cockers, within the past few months we have begun to consistently have 10.0 heads in our puppies. Before that most high SOP dogs had a 9.8 head. We jumped from 9.8 to 10.0 overnight. I have yet to see a single English cocker with a 9.9 head, in my kennel or others. I am assuming this is some kind of glitch. Has this happened in any other breeds>
 Artistri 2
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2017 11:14:06 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri 2 Object to Post

I seem to remember something similar happening in Tollers. Heads went from 10.2 to 10 and I can't remember having any 10.1s
 Shaylynne
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2017 10:16:05 AM reply with quote send message to Shaylynne Object to Post

I know this is a sporting breed thread, but the same thing happened in Aussies. I always thought that was strange.

Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2017 3:11:05 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Now that you mentioned it, I went thru my kennel and I can say too I've never gotten a 9.9 or one that I can recall. I don't know, I've been trait breeding for really a while now since 13' laugh :D It's a glitch on my line lol

My only theory is that our 10s are actually 9.(something) and are simply rounded to a 10. Thus it's not actually a solid 10, which could explain why certain dogs do better in the ring than others. But of course there are more factors to winning. .
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2017 3:11:56 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

That was me ^

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.