Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : WHIPPET COLORS
 Didos
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/7/2019 12:11:32 PM reply with quote send message to Didos Object to Post   

CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN TO ME THE COLOR GENES CHART IM A LITTLE FIMILUAR WITH IT BUT NEED REFRESHING LIKE AT THE TOP OF THE CHART ARE USUALY 2 OR 4 CAPITAL LETTERS FOR WHIPPETS THERES 4 FOR WHIPPETS WHAT IS THAT

Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2019 12:24:36 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

The C series determines depth of red/yellow pigment. The Whippet chart appears to recognize 2 alleles. C will be deepest colour and is dominant to Cch which produces the paler cream colour.

D is the black/brown dilution gene. D is dominant to d. D gives black, d/d fades black to blue. It may also affect red pigment fading it also. (Note each breed in SD determined their own interpretation so this varies with the breed.) d/d in Whippets may be giving the fawn but I'm not sure.

K determines pattern - brindle, sable in Whippets it appears.

S represents white spotting. The dominant S would have no white, si is "Irish Spotting" - white toes, chest, collar, facial blaze - any or all, its quite variable. sp is particolour - white with patches of colour. sw is the lowest member. sw/sw produces a white dog - an extreme parti colour.

Hope that helps. Each breed requires detailed study to figure out the individual interpretation made.
 DxIII
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2019 12:01:27 AM reply with quote send message to DxIII Object to Post

well thank you for all that trouble I wished it was a little more simpler thanks again
 DxIII
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2019 12:01:34 AM reply with quote send message to DxIII Object to Post

well thank you for all that trouble I wished it was a little more simpler thanks again

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.