Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Read the German shepherd breed standard!
 ambertal
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/1/2019 7:53:30 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post   

I thought about getting into a different breed. But when I went looking in the breeds, the German shepherd colors are all wrong!

You can NOT have a German shepherd be solid blue AND red! That's not a solid. Nor can you have a sable black AND red! The color is RED sable OR BLACK sable! Also blue and liver are NOT showable!
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2019 8:49:40 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

There are few breeds on here like that. Not sure why, either.
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2019 10:02:08 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

Several years ago when the colors were added, the active players of each breed at that time created the color genetics for the most part. If there are mistakes in the colors it is due to how the players decided to code for them, admin did not write the color codes himself he only wrote them into the game based on how the players advised him to do so.

I tried to find some of the old color threads but they are too old now I guess to find. I myself wrote the genotypes for the Kelpies. I was very active in the breed in a different kennel at the time.
 Outback Kelpies
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2019 10:07:47 PM reply with quote send message to Outback Kelpies Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=175841&recordnum=0

I logged into an old account and was able to find the old post concerning color additions. I'm the above poster as well.

-----
Last edited by Outback Kelpies on 4/1/2019 10:08:32 PM
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2019 10:36:25 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

There are several links to the discussion on GSDs in the old post I linked above, however none of them work now.

If you read through though you will see it was not an easy task for some of the breeds. The color discussion was the reason the Border Collie breed forum was closed for good. It got kinda ugly in some breeds.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2019 1:38:26 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The wording is misleading.

SOLID colored dogs CARRY the color noted Red/Tan/Cream

when you look at the picture/dog you just see a Black / Blue etc

When genetics were laid out for the breed, members opted to include the "hidden" info in the color name.

There are no DQ colors in SD

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 4/2/2019 1:39:57 PM
 patriciaturner
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2019 5:19:45 PM reply with quote send message to patriciaturner Object to Post

I hope that you have already fixed the bug. I think that you will need to share more details, browse findwritingservice.com/blog/essential-oils-what-are-they if you don't know what to add.

ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2019 12:09:01 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

posted by patriciaturner
I hope that you have already fixed the bug. I think that you will need to share more details, browse findwritingservice.com/blog/essential-oils-what-are-they if you don't know what to add.

What?
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2019 4:38:54 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

posted by ambertal
posted by patriciaturner

What?

Just some ol' fashion spam. This one is pretty smart though. It probably gets a lot of people on other forums.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.