Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Any chance you can fix judges please Jeff?
 Star Shiine
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/23/2019 9:48:15 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post   

Could the issue of having so many judges available each month be "put back to normal" now?
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2019 11:27:16 PM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

Yep, that would be good. Along with uploading the rest of the color pics for the breeds that don’t have them yet and...maybe doing something about the 100 SOP reached by several breeds by now?!...
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2019 12:06:31 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

As far as I'm aware Jeff said a while ago that there wouldnt be another reset. I expect those in 100 SOP breeds will have to start again from source/starter dogs?

Please dont jump on this post with many requirements this is thread is about judges and the hope of getting some normality back and not having dozens of judges available each month. Its much much harder to plan a dogs' successful show careeer now.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2019 1:56:11 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Getting the judges back on track would be a great start.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2019 6:43:07 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am having a lot of success in this kennel with all of these judges. I hope it does not change.

ETA: Don't know if you guys remember but before it seriously glitched to have all the old judges, we had a rotation of like 12 judges. That was horrible.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 10/24/2019 6:48:08 AM
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2019 10:43:25 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I disagree. At least when you had a smaller number of judges you could keep track of their preferences. Now it's pretty much hit or miss because I have no idea what all their preferences are. My show results have reflected that.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/24/2019 11:00:37 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

And then you have the same dogs winning over and over. I am seeing a lot of diversity in wins with a much larger pool of judges.

If you know your breed's scale of points, no issue. A handful of judges doesn't make for a challenging show environment.
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2019 1:40:48 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

I support the current judge situation. Atleast we get a nice mix of different breeds & dogs winning...

I do not have a problem with good dogs winning with little effort when it comes to entering.

Less judges, It gets really boring and predictable.

Will
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2019 1:56:25 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Yes, agreed it was bad when we just had 12 but yaers back there used to be a pool about 40 judges(?)and they would change every couple of months? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I liked that, you could find judges that really liked a particular dog and you could campaign the best ones much more easily. As a bonus, you got to learn quickly which handlers they preffered and so much less time spent choosing handlers.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/25/2019 5:31:25 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Have to admit - I like the diversity of the current situation. I find my success depends much more on the dog I am campaigning at the time, rather than the large number of judges.

My kennel has seen both ends of the scale with results, but with the same large number of judges available.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 10/25/2019 5:33:22 AM
 Taylynn
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/25/2019 2:13:10 PM reply with quote send message to Taylynn Object to Post

I also like the diversity of judges right now. There's a lot of judges in real life too, so I feel it more appropriately reflects that as well as I agree we get more unique dogs winning, etc.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2019 3:13:05 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

I also love having all the judges... just makes it more interesting that the same dogs/breeds winning all the time.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2019 9:55:09 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I too like the large judges pool!

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class