Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : 100 SOP - how do you play?
 Akirate
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/31/2019 3:15:37 AM reply with quote send message to Akirate Object to Post   

Hi!

I've noticed there are severeal breeds with SOP 100 or getting really-really close.

So, how do you play the breeds with already solid 100 SOPs (pups quality comparison (based on show results of parents?), choosing showing/breeding dogs etc.).

Sorry, if it has been discussed before. I've been away from the game for a long time. Trying to figure it all out happy :)
 Spot and Smudge
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2019 1:56:44 PM reply with quote send message to Spot and Smudge Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The stats are only rounded up to 10. They are actually not quite 10. They are like 9.9997 or 9.9995, or something like that. .

-----
Last edited by Spot and Smudge on 12/31/2019 1:56:55 PM
 Ponds
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/31/2019 9:41:28 PM reply with quote send message to Ponds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The SOP was actually never meant to be a part of the game. Even though a dog may show a 100 SOP, there are unknown decimals that come into play. Additionally, the judging system is set up in such a way that each judge looks for certain things, therefore, 100 SOP dogs don't always take BIS.

If you take a look at the group results for last night's World Cup Show, not a single group winner had a 100 SOP.

-----
Last edited by Ponds on 12/31/2019 9:44:16 PM
 Akirate
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2020 12:15:24 PM reply with quote send message to Akirate Object to Post

Ok, thanks! I do remember about decimals... Although it is not possible to know the exact value of traits (all there's to see is 10). Therefore no possibility to evaluate progress, right?

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.