Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Sessioning breeding only dogs? Is it needed?
 Curl_Of_Coats
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/16/2020 3:24:52 AM reply with quote send message to Curl_Of_Coats Object to Post   

Now that admin has set Sessions down to just 20 it's kinda time for being intelligent now from me. (I came back in right when sessions were 100.)

So I do have a small question: Will it affect the offspring's SOP if a dog's H,OT isn't all at 20? I currently have a dog or 2 that I only want in my kennel for studs and broods and nothing else. Say I left them at 5, 5, 12 and 5 through their whole lives from puppy to adult then bred them... Would it affect it?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help! happy :)
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/16/2020 4:09:51 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

You do not need to session breeding only dogs and bitches.

You can leave your males on Pet House for puppies and then adults.

But you do need to feed up your brood bitches puppies.
Condition is only influenced by the food you feed your pups or adults, it is not affected by sessioning.

I create a ration with the formula of 1171 for female puppies only required for breeding, this will bring up their condition to 20.
The higher the bitches condition when whelping, the higher the starting condition for the puppies when they are born.

Hope this makes sense.

SOP is not affected by sessioning or conditioning.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 1/16/2020 4:36:44 AM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/16/2020 9:04:37 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I immediately put the stud dogs on the cheapest food.
All puppies start out on 1777.
When a brood bitch, who is not sessioned, is 14 days of age I switch her to PH for dogs as her Condition is 20 at this point.

A low condition on a Brood bitch will affect the pups in that it will take much longer to session up. SOP is not affected.

Carol

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.