Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : New here
 XShivaX
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/6/2020 7:08:49 AM reply with quote send message to XShivaX Object to Post   

Where can I request colour photos please? I really want to get into the belgian malinois but I do like the colour photos
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2020 10:46:22 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi there, and welcome.

I'm not sure what you are after with the pictures. You have a couple of Shiba Inu and they are showing the colour pictures (we often refer to these as the "Picardy Pictures" named after the user who created them).

Previous to these picture most breeds had actual photos but they were generic - only one colour, and in some cases they were not particularly good photos.

Not all breeds have the Picardy pictures yet. Unfortunately the Malinois appears to be one of those although the other Belgian Whatevers have them.

It is possible to use your own pictures and/or the original breed photo if this is what you want. To use your own pictures they must first be hosted somewhere on the internet so that they have a URL and - this is important - you must have the permission/rights to the image. Changing the source of your pictures can be done in the "MyAccount/Settings" function.

For "How to change" this setting see:
https://www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=1122144

Hope this helps. Need more info - ask again.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 3/6/2020 10:49:05 AM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.