Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : MANY breeds with no pups or dogs for sale
 Wyredogs
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/9/2020 6:28:33 AM reply with quote send message to Wyredogs Object to Post   

As a returning players who previously played the game for over 10 years, I am shocked at how many breeds have no dogs for sale. Some of these are top breeds with kennels at their limit for dogs. Many of these breeds have less than 5 kennels even breeding/showing them.
I know, for some it is a strategy but for others,and, admittedly, I am one of these, it is also disappointing if we are looking for dogs of a certain breed to play the game with.

Just my observation.

I might be mistaken but, I seem to remember, in years past, there were many more pups/ adults available for sale in most breeds. Maybe we players have become more aware that, for the most part, it is pointless to offer for sale, pups/adults that are unfinishable or that will not contribute to bettering a breed if bred.

Cheers,
Carolyn
(formerly Carnewf and CarrieCurl)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2020 8:51:13 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I think most players just FH what they're not keeping due to space constraints and lack of puppy buyers.

I know most of us are more than happy to help folks get a puppy in the breed of their choice if you just send us a note.

With so few players these days many players are maxed out on space just trying to keep extra breeds from disappearing and going back to source.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2020 1:04:37 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I agree, I am always amazed in some of my breed in my kennels how once popular breeds now seem to have almost disappeared. It's very discouraging.

Also, some of the breeds that have reached 100 and hard to find there days because there really isn't much of a challenge anymore, especially breeds that don't have a variety of colors.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2020 3:16:14 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I agree Rhonda - that's where I am mostly.

If I have any breed you want to get into, I'll find a way to get you at least one girl to get started.

Just ask! I'm ALWAYS over somewhere!
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2020 11:55:27 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

I would tend to agree that in most breeds that have active players, if you ask, you can get a pup or a stud, etc.

There are so few players these days that it becomes an issue of time -- why bother to put pups up if no one will buy them.

On a more discouraging note, there are way too many breeds that are just dead -- no pups, no studs, and no active players.

I wish there were some way to make available dogs that are still alive in old kennels in these vanished breeds so people don't have to go all the way back to source dogs to revive a breed.

Intrinsic Tervs
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/10/2020 7:02:12 PM reply with quote send message to Intrinsic Tervs Object to Post

I know I don’t always remember to pup something up if there are none offered but always willing to let a female go if asked. I don’t have enough time to be really active in several of my Kennels I keep just because the breeds were not being worked with.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/11/2020 12:35:16 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

In most litters I will put one or more on the "quick list" sale - it just takes a second and there is something there for anyone interested.

If it's a bigger litter I'll FH the poorest ones, keep the best one to three, and QL the rest. If I'm full up, I'll FH those for sale when they hit 13-14 days, otherwise I'll leave them listed as long as I can.
 dalmation dotty
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2020 5:52:41 PM reply with quote send message to dalmation dotty Object to Post

When I used to play I used to have soft coated wheaten terriers and see there are no pups these days

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler