Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Hypothetical - If it were your game?
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/9/2020 9:28:09 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So I've been dreaming again....

If this were your game what would you do different?
What changes would you make?

For me..
Everytime AKC gets a new breed we'd add a new breed.
"Foundation" dogs would be showable.
The areas we judge for conformation would become Poor/Average/Good/Very Good/Excellent (with numbers running in the background) - so "the perfect" dog is highly unattainable -

I'd like to see personality traits (for conformation and performance events).
Like "State of Mind" Bored/Stressed/Happy (so a dog that doesn't like to show would get stressed showing every day.)
Energy Level - Lazy, Average, Vibrant, Intense, Over the Top
- So for showing you'd look for that Vibrant level - but for sports you'd want intense - but over the top might work best for Field Trials and Dock Diving.
(State of Mind and Energy Level would be affected by breed, genetics, exercise, training)

Would you add the appropriate DQs for each breed?
Would you add health issues?
For me I'd add the DQs - but probably not health.

Oh and Dynamic images - it's how all the horse sims are these days - you have the "line art" for the breed (the outline) - and then the image is built in layers according to the genetics. Where that gets fun is for markings - you can have a variety of different markings so for example white irish 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - each one would be a different marking and if a dog carried 2 and 5 it would create one image - if it carried just 2 and 2 then thats a different image created. Each layer would be adding more or less white to the dog.

Anyway - those are just some things off the top of my head.
I'd of course fix the GCH Award of Merits so that was working correctly.

I'd want to track who had Top Dog per breed/group etc each month in an archive/history and on the players kennel page. How many times per month (and for ever) did a kennel win Best of Breed/Group Placements/ Best in Show / Best in Specialty
So that there's more competition for Best Kennel

oh and to earn $ or experience points - maybe you have to answer questions about your breed standard

anyway - what are your ideas?

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 8/9/2020 10:27:18 AM
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2020 1:09:04 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I need to ponder for a bit...
 Jovileaboxers
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2020 7:23:34 PM reply with quote send message to Jovileaboxers Object to Post

I would definitely add appropriate DQ's. For instance, in Bostons, there are a bunch of colors in this game that do not and have never existed in the breed, ie-honey. In other breeds, like Poodles, there are legitimate colors in the breed that aren't listed here, like brindle, parti, phantom.
Breeds that have height restrictions should have them in the game, etc.
Judges seem to be okay here, with different likes and dislikes, but the handler/judge relationship is a bit skewed. Owner handlers should be able to compete successfully under handler-biased judges if they are experienced enough. So someone that only occasionally handles their dogs may not do as well as someone who always handles their own dogs.
I like the idea of different drives, but I'd rather we be able to have some hand in developing them. For instance we could work on a good show attitude for conformation, then when we want to do field work with the dog, start upping their intensity. If you "fix" these traits in different puppies, you make it hard to obtain multi-discipline dogs, when in reality you can subdue or develop different traits at different points in the dog's career.
I like all of your ideas. This game has been pretty good at getting the gyst of reality, but we need someone who knows and understands real life breeding and competing to develop a game that takes it to the next level.
I don't have a lot of spare time, but I have 30+ years experience, and willing to help out in any way I can.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/9/2020 9:53:49 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I love you guys.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.