Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Curly Coated Retrievers are disappearing from the game.
 Killick
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/31/2020 9:38:07 AM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Curly Coated Retrievers are a breed I played from about 2004 to 2015. This breed is dying out in the game.
I have started a Source breeding program.
If you have ANY Curly Coated Retrievers, I am willing to either use them as stud or purchase them. Boys or girls....doesn't matter.
Anything to help revive the breed.

There are 9 Curly Coats in the All Time Top Curly Coated Retrievers that I bred in my former SD life as CarrieCurl.

Does anyone think I should also post this in the General forum to reach Basic players?

Thanks for any input or help.

Edited to add:-
If anyone is lucky enough to have a CCR in their kennel that is not Source ie a girl under 120 days with a higher than Source SOP. Or a boy I can use at stud with higher than Source SOP, I would be very grateful.

-----
Last edited by Killick on 8/31/2020 10:01:25 AM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2020 10:08:49 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Have you contacted

https://www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=La+Vita+Dolce+Kennels

they have current SOP Curlies

this abandoned kennel has 3 studs
97.60 - 97.85 - 97.80
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2020 10:19:39 AM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Thanks.
Yes, I have contacted that kennel but there doesn't appear to have been any activity since July. There is another Kennel, can't remember the name at the moment, that played till as recently as January.

Haven't found those studs yet but I am still searching.

Thanks my dear.

-----
Last edited by Killick on 8/31/2020 10:22:12 AM

-----
Last edited by Killick on 8/31/2020 10:22:45 AM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2020 10:25:12 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

good grief - I'm sorry

https://www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Steph

thought i posted the link
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2020 10:31:47 AM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

Just found it. Thanks
This kennel was playing the breed years ago as well.
The ShowDog olden days...LOL
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2020 1:03:45 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

Breed popularity is so interesting nowadays. I remember when GSDs, Labs, Goldens, etc were ultra competitive and challenging to play. Fast forward to now and Ibizan Hounds and Collies are in the top 10 and GSDs are at #32, and Goldens further down than that. I’m surprised to hear that CCRs are so far down the list. But if you’d like another player to join you, I’ve been on the hunt for a breed for my second kennel. wink ;)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2020 2:29:22 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I think a lot has to do with those breeds hitting 100.

Many players lose interest at that point. I think to continue in a breed that's hit 100 you have to have a personal goal to work on.

I dabble in GSD in Sable and Saddleback Blue/Cream

then in Great Danes I'm playing around with the goal of a line of Blue Fawn Merle Mantles. Breeding to either the #1 male or the National winner

but even at the most basic level - if all the puppies are 100 SOP how do you decide who stays and who goes?
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2020 9:50:54 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Hey Carolyn,

Steph and I shared kennels for years. Her curly kennl was under my care up until She left the game.

I just listed the last girl on apprival. If you send an offer and then send me a note at barstar, I will go accept it for ya.

Hope that helps!

She's older but you might be able to get a litter or two out of her before she passes.

Will
 BarStar Corgi
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2020 10:49:58 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Corgi Object to Post

Carolyn,

Good job on getting Curlies rebooted! Looks like you've gotten a few more breeders active again.

Will

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.