Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Choosing puppies—old vs new rating system
 Palissade Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/6/2020 9:49:15 AM reply with quote send message to Palissade Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I’ve just had several litters born and I’m confused. I’m using the old and new ratings systems in conjunction, but in one of my litters, the lowest new SOP pup is the highest old SOP pup. How does that work? Does anyone have any insight?

Edited to add: even adjusted for SS, he is the best pup according to the old system. How much is SS weighted in the new ratings system?

Sarah

-----
Last edited by Palissade Kennels on 9/6/2020 2:24:34 PM
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2020 5:39:32 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

I forget where we can view the old ratings? How do I find that?
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2020 7:30:41 AM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

I am having the same SOP dilemma.
Have a look at Killick Recovery Betty Green and then at her littermate (unnamed so far) I will keep one but....which one?

LOL. What to do.....
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2020 7:32:17 AM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

To find old SOP and set it, go to Account Settings and choose Display old SOP. I think that's what it says.
Display old ratings is what it says......
Most useful,in dogs under 96 SOP by current ratings. Anything over that will display as 100.0.

-----
Last edited by Killick on 9/7/2020 7:34:19 AM

-----
Last edited by Killick on 9/7/2020 7:34:48 AM
 Palissade Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2020 9:06:30 AM reply with quote send message to Palissade Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Lol Carolyn. That’s a tough one! He is much more consistent blue/green across the board, but she has that nice shiny 9.6. When in doubt I mostly keep the girls though. Good luck wink ;)

-----
Last edited by Palissade Kennels on 9/7/2020 9:07:13 AM

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.