Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Best in Show with a 7.05 Pregnant Starter dog I FHed.....
 La Vita Dolce Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/6/2020 7:23:44 PM reply with quote send message to La Vita Dolce Kennels Object to Post   

I've been playing SD off and on since 2006. I have never, ever gotten a BIS. Until yesterday. With a starter dog. That I forever homed......

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17413148

I was attempting to revive Toy Fox Terriers but gave it up. FH'd my starters. And by chance I was looking at show results and this dog went BEST IN SHOW yesterday!!!!!! What. The. Heck.

What a whack-a-doodle result.
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2020 11:08:55 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

Reading the judges profile they like to pick dogs as they compare to others in their breed vs comparing to other breed dogs. And since everyone in your breed was a starter they likely showed way above “standard“ with the current breed entries. That coupled with the judge liking to pick breeds that usually do not win BIS may have been the weird loophole to get a win!
Or just a glitch. Who knows but congrats anyways!
 Palissade Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2020 7:07:09 AM reply with quote send message to Palissade Kennels Object to Post

That is hilarious! Congrats!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler