Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Dog count doesn't make sense
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/23/2021 6:56:05 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post   

I am really confused about the dog numbers.

It says I have
total dogs*: 30

dogs: 17
bitches: 19
puppies: 10
retirees: 4
show age dogs: 20

However, when I actually count them I have
dogs: 13
bitches: 13
(all ages 22-377 days)

puppies: 10 (all age 6 days)

retirees: 4 altered males

The only way I come out with 30 is by adding dogs, bitches, and retirees, which are not supposed to count!! And what does the * mean??
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2021 11:26:34 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

Puppies and Retirees count in your total dogs section, but not towards your 30 dogs.

Puppies will count once they move up from the puppy box.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/24/2021 8:56:37 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Puppies and retirees should not count towards the 30-dog limit but apparently the retirees do. That is supposed to apply to basics only. I know, it's hopeless. But it's annoying because I am allowed 4 fewer dogs than I should be.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2021 7:25:58 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Am I missing something? I have 31 adult dogs and the count is correct for my kennel:

Total Dogs* 31
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2021 11:43:28 AM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

FallenStarz, that's my point. The retirees should not count towards the Total Dogs, but they do, at least mine do. And they do in my other kennels as well. Total dogs appears to be dogs + bitches + retirees. I used the classic view to count them correctly.

This has bugged me for years because I always have too many dogs and it would be nice to have those 4 slots back.

Guess there is nothing to do about it. Sure miss the good ol' days when we could have our group chats with Jeff.

Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2021 11:43:55 AM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Comet, what are you counting to get the total of 31?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2021 1:02:59 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Aldeberan
Comet, what are you counting to get the total of 31?
In this kennel, all dogs ages 15-73 and not retired (17 bitches, 14 dogs which makes the 31).

I do have 24 total bitches (including puppies and one retired) and same for dogs (total 21).

Also, the Kennel Stats on the "My Dogs" page reflects your retired dogs - the Kennel Stats on the "My Kennel" page does not reflect retired dogs in the total. They don't count either way, though!
 Maverick Gun Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2021 1:29:29 PM reply with quote send message to Maverick Gun Dogs Object to Post

The retirees don't count toward your dog total.
If you are looking at your total from 'View All Dogs' for instance, that will include your retiree count, but it isn't your actual real time count.

For your actual counted adults, click into 'My Account' and that will not show your retirees in the count. That is the chart you should be looking at to see your dog count, and thus figure out how close you are to the limit. Hope that helps!
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2021 11:12:24 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

posted by Aldeberan
FallenStarz, that's my point. The retirees should not count towards the Total Dogs, but they do, at least mine do. And they do in my other kennels as well. Total dogs appears to be dogs + bitches + retirees. I used the classic view to count them correctly.

This has bugged me for years because I always have too many dogs and it would be nice to have those 4 slots back.

Guess there is nothing to do about it. Sure miss the good ol' days when we could have our group chats with Jeff.

https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=46

Dog Limits

Premium users may have up to 30 adult dogs. If you go over that limit, your dogs will not be removed, but you will no longer be able to buy dogs, enter in shows, assign handlers to shows you're already entered in, or breed. Dogs on the Retirement Couch do not count towards the limit for premium users.

Basic users may have up to 5 adult dogs. If you go over that limit, your extra dogs will be removed. Dogs on the Retirement Couch count towards the limit for basic users.

Adult dogs are dogs that are 14 days old or older.

So your retired dogs may be counted/shown under "total dogs" but do not/should not take away those slots from your actual kennel limit if you're a premium.

I always took my total dog numbers and subtracted how many were on the retirement count to get my actual dog number.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.