Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : can an altered dog become a champion
 Keilaredo
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/10/2021 7:57:09 PM reply with quote send message to Keilaredo Object to Post   

In this game, can an altered dog get finished? I know altered champions can accrue points, I'm just not sure if altered non-champions can finish while altered. Can't find this in Help.

Thank u!!
 Wyredogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/12/2021 8:37:02 AM reply with quote send message to Wyredogs Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

No.
Altered dogs, in this game cannot get championship points, nor can they finish their championship once they are altered, even if they got points before that. However, they can compete in, and get points in Obedience.
Yes, they have to have obedience sessioning.

Cheers,
C

-----
Last edited by Wyredogs on 8/12/2021 8:39:02 AM
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2021 3:51:35 AM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

I have seen altered dogs place in the end-of-month show, but I don't recall if they got points. If so, there might be a way to sneak in that last point or two, but it would be an extreme long shot.

Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/20/2021 10:43:21 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

No, you can enter them, I think, but in Real Life, they would be excused from the ring.
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2021 3:00:57 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

In some real life shows, altered dogs can be shown in veterans classes in shows in which the breed winner does not advance to Best in Show. This would be an independent specialty. Depending on specialty rules, they may be able to win all prizes.

There's not a provision like this in the game that I'm aware of.

Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/20/2021 5:03:28 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by Marquetry
In some real life shows, altered dogs can be shown in veterans classes in shows in which the breed winner does not advance to Best in Show. This would be an independent specialty. Depending on specialty rules, they may be able to win all prizes.

There's not a provision like this in the game that I'm aware of.

This is true, I was more referring to the regular shows.
I showed my spayed Veteran girl in the Veterans class in the Specialties, for a few years.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing