Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Curious - Chat room
 Canmore 3
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/16/2021 2:16:10 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore 3 Object to Post   

Well I've never been a big chat fan but I was wondering . . .

The chat has not been working for a while but I noticed it appears in the "Community" section on the left and I gave it a click. It brought me to what appears to be the new account sign-up page. In the old days when chat was functional I know we used to have to sign in separatly to the chat. Anyone know what happens if you try to use this to sign in and does it actually link to a chat?
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2021 6:54:32 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I have never actually used chat in the 13 yrs I have been here. Sorry...
 Kutz
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2021 7:51:20 PM reply with quote send message to Kutz Object to Post

Wish it was functional. We could probably get a lot of good conversations going.
 Fourbidden
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2021 10:53:47 PM reply with quote send message to Fourbidden Object to Post

Anyone ever thought about a discord server for SD?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/17/2021 9:00:15 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I used to use the chat a lot in the “olden days”…but I did notice the bug!
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
9/20/2021 3:16:02 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The old chat system was developed by somebody who went out of business a long time ago and wasn't able to be ported to the new server.

I tried going with a much more expensive option a few months ago but got nothing but got a lot of feedback and dropped it almost immediately. There are no plans for a different chat at this time.

This site was developed on Frontpage which we don't have on the server and cannot easily do bulk updates but I'll see about removing the chat link eventually.

-----
Last edited by admin on 9/20/2021 3:17:27 PM
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/21/2021 9:51:52 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Maybe you could create a Discord server as mentioned above. I think Discord is free so you could just have a link to the discord chat listed on the site and then anyone who wanted to join could.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.