Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Ten kennels - how?
 Briteman
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/18/2021 9:34:09 AM reply with quote send message to Briteman Object to Post   

So how does a person go about upgrading to ten kennels? I’ve tried twice now - I pay for 10 kennels but I can only have five on my family account. I don’t understand what I am doing wrong. Tell me something to fix this besides messaging admin please. It shouldn’t be that difficult!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/18/2021 10:37:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

This may not solve your problem but may help you understand what is happening. The information is dated as it refers to an earlier time - early 2000's when I started. (My memory may also be faulty on certain details.)

The subscription forms are not set up for multiple Families - ie. 10 or 15 , or 20 accounts. You can subscribe multiple singles but they are all separate subscriptions.

You can upgrade any one of these singles to a Family of 5 accounts and there is then a way to add an additional 4, either by creating another account or by linking an existing accounts.

This is how it worked way-back-when when I went from one Family (5 accounts) to 2 Families (10 accounts).

Starting with one Family Account:
1. Pick any one of these accounts, except the "Managing account" - this would be the one you upgraded already.
2. Upgrade this second account to a Family.
3. Contact Admin and tell him what you have done and ask to have the two merged and apply the additional discount.

Finally, you would link/create the additional accounts. And don't forget to cancel any duplicating subscriptions through PayPal when all is done.

===========

When I did this, Jeff was much more engaged with the site and it all went well. You may have more issues now with making contact and getting it done.

I now have 4 Families (yeah, I know) but have not tried to bring them all under the same subscription - I expected there would be delays and issues so I just left it as 3 separate subs of 10, 5, and 5.

So, ultimately, you are going to have to get in touch with Admin and see if he is willing to do wharever manual updates are required.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has successfully done this in the past year or two.

Good luck.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 10/18/2021 10:47:27 PM
 Grove Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2021 6:29:23 AM reply with quote send message to Grove Kennels Object to Post

It worked pretty much the same for me just a few months ago.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2021 2:14:30 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

That's great to know that it is still doable Grove!

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 10/19/2021 2:20:59 PM
 Briteman
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/20/2021 10:55:53 AM reply with quote send message to Briteman Object to Post

Ok, thank you! I highly doubt I will be able to contact admin to merge accounts, as I have emailed three times now about the situation and I never hear back. I guess when this month is up, I will just have to do two family accounts of 5.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2021 11:26:21 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

This is where I do the custom rates for multiple family accounts:

https://www.showdog.com/Subscriptions/custom_rates.aspx
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2021 9:57:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Oh my! I did not even know that existed!

Thank you for pointing that out.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2021 4:54:06 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

Most welcome happy :)
 NorthDahl
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2021 1:12:49 PM reply with quote send message to NorthDahl Object to Post

I have three kennels and I can barely keep up with them, bless you all for keeping this game going! I don't know how I'd cope if I couldn't ShowDog every day.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing