Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Hidden Stud Book
 Grenich Road
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/29/2021 8:12:53 PM reply with quote send message to Grenich Road Object to Post   

Just wanted to drop this here. There is a link in the Alpha Dog forum, but I wanted to make sure everyone who wanted a look had it.
I have been tracking down studs that are not showing up in the stud listings, "Hidden Studs". I started because I have a few source projects and I am too impatient to just breed up from 2 source dogs. I haven't done all the breeds and some of them are giving me more trouble, but I am hoping to have at least 1 for everyone at some point in the future.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mUqlFhWacgcgibzfl45aEgjLvnz7iU2rQBiRAVKwcLM/edit?usp=sharing

Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/29/2021 10:37:50 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together!!
 Grenich Road
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2022 11:10:11 AM reply with quote send message to Grenich Road Object to Post

I just went through and updated. Lost a good amount to age, but added some as well. I have also added color to the spreadsheet.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2022 11:53:49 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

That is excellent! As a compulsive breed/colour saver I appreciate that. You don't seem to have any that I can use just now but if he is still "alive" you might add this Harrier:

Amalyn Red Swagger SOP 97.30

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16982188

I started a list in the Harrier forum group when I got involved. They have all passed on now but Swag although we had a returnee who has added to the available list.

I'm now trying to save the smooth Dachshund and most of the colours - chocolate&tan and wirehairs predominate. There are still a fair number of longhairs with red sable but the smooths are all near source. I was unable to find any smooths of current SOP.
 Grenich Road
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2022 12:39:48 PM reply with quote send message to Grenich Road Object to Post

Hi Gayle,
That harrier is the only one I have too. I think I found him from your post in the Harrier forum if I remember.

I actually keep another document with ghost studs (deceased but for sale). I have a smooth dachshund and I will send you a message with the link.
 Diament
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/4/2022 3:58:15 PM reply with quote send message to Diament Object to Post

Ok, you are AWESOME for this! I'm trying to restart my PLS kennel (it was one of the originals in the breed). I couldn't find anyone breeding them that had anything that went back to my old stuff so I started over. BUT, that dog that you posted (DUB Bounce) actually goes back to my stuff and in addition, I found a dog for sale that I bred! He's very old and he will probably die tomorrow but at least I got to breed him to several bitches first!

Thank you so much!
 Grenich Road
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/4/2022 4:50:52 PM reply with quote send message to Grenich Road Object to Post

That is so awesome! I'm so happy that I could help.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.