Search

.com Forum · Afghan Hound

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Back after a Long Break and…
 Imperial Afghans
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/21/2021 6:47:56 AM reply with quote send message to Imperial Afghans Object to Post   

Hey guys! I see afghans have made it to the 100 SOP point. When I left they were close, and I assumed they would hit 100 and be reset to be honest. So my question is, with all these dogs being equal for the most part, what are the judges looking for? Color? Sex? Just curious as to what to keep and show from upcoming litters. Thank you!
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/21/2021 11:49:04 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I have no idea to be honest. I have a few starters that I am breeding for blue, but honestly other than that, it's kind of hit or miss.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/21/2021 1:29:55 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Color has no importance to Judges.
Gender only matters in the specific judge has a preference on a gender in his/her notes.
For breeds with 100 in stats, you just have to show them and see which ones have better numbers and show well.

No dog is truly 100. All stats are rounded up to .1 for us to see. The actual dog could have 9.9999999 vs a 9.999998 and that extra .000001 makes one dog better than another.

Does that make sense?
 Imperial Afghans
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/22/2021 4:12:06 AM reply with quote send message to Imperial Afghans Object to Post

posted by BarStar
Color has no importance to Judges.
Gender only matters in the specific judge has a preference on a gender in his/her notes.
For breeds with 100 in stats, you just have to show them and see which ones have better numbers and show well.

No dog is truly 100. All stats are rounded up to .1 for us to see. The actual dog could have 9.9999999 vs a 9.999998 and that extra .000001 makes one dog better than another.

Does that make sense?

Yes I see what you mean!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.