Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Tell Me About Your Projects!
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/21/2022 3:24:56 PM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Didn't want to resurrect a dormant thread to start this discussion but since I see some new players I'd love to know what you guys are working on!

Me? Oh well since you asked wink ;)

1) Still working on my true source line of Pembroke Welsh Corgis - up to generation 17 and starting to use names because just id numbers gets borning after 16 generations! Still not seeing huge leaps on the new traits system, but definitely am on the old traits!

2) Working on a Pixie line of corgis which mixes in a couple of my source babies into the existing lines of other players, had some very promising puppies and think I'm going to keep Kelda in the names of bitches born to that line as a way of distinguishing my lines. (Bonus points if you know where thats from!)

3) Doing some dabbling in more competitive breeds for showing, currently I have a Bearded Collie who is at GCH and will likely keep showing until 120 days, a Gordon Setter due to enter the ring tomorrow (her sire is on the Top Dogs list so I'm really excited to see how she performs) and a GSD who is still a week and a few days away from his first show but I've got high hopes!

4) Not a huge project but just keeping my old Hawk Chinese Shar-Pei bloodline populated with a few individuals, mostly for nostalgia's sake but maybe they'll be competitive quality one day!

-----
Last edited by Pembroke Pixie Kennel on 4/21/2022 3:30:29 PM
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/21/2022 6:44:04 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

Hi,
In this kennel I am at Generation 149 with true source Welsh Springer Spaniels.

If I may give you a wee bit of advice, since your Source dogs will not be shown and to keep yourself organized, don’t give them names. You will run out of them in no time.

I have a separate kennel for my Show WSSsl not to get them mixed up and to have more space. laugh :D

Carol
 Bobs Borzois
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2022 11:26:44 AM reply with quote send message to Bobs Borzois Object to Post

I would like to be a top shower(is that a word? ) of Borzois
Robert
 FromRussiaWithLove
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2022 3:49:10 PM reply with quote send message to FromRussiaWithLove Object to Post

Props to you guys for the true source breeding! Takes real dedication I’m not sure I could be patient enough. I have done plenty of cross breeding from source to bring back lost colors but no true source breeding. Currently my white Mudi project in this kennel has reached 96.65 sop with current SOP being 98.00 as a high. It’s been two years and I’m so close it’s awesome. Have a few other color projects in my other kennels (sealyhams and Skye terriers most significantly that are in various stages).
 AG Qarat
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2022 5:02:31 PM reply with quote send message to AG Qarat Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I agree, source breeding takes p a t i e n c e. I tried a couple times and failed lol.

I keep meaning to downgrade kennels but I find myself having more and more kennels starting new projects. My favorite ones are:

Dogos Argentinos
-Have 3 different projects of them: Zoetic, El Caballo Blanco, Zanguiz Urza
-Zoetic is to show and trying to keep it purely Zoetic
-ECB is a separate show line combining Zoetic and ZU
-ZU is a low-sop line where I use old dogs/source to open up gene pool
-The majority of dogs on the game now go back to all these lines
-Previously "de Las Heladas" which goes back to 2014

Afghan Hounds
-Finished now
-Bred the first gold dam Afghan on the game

I used to just play the game willy nilly (just showing and breeding whatever came out), but I think having some sort of personal project keeps it interesting with the completion of goals.

-----
Last edited by AG Qarat on 5/5/2022 7:17:50 AM
 Raconteur Trois
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2022 5:47:01 PM reply with quote send message to Raconteur Trois Object to Post

True source breeding in three premis. Lakeland, Briard, and Lowchen. On generation 18? ish in all three, huge improvement from starter dogs, not much for the new system but for old scale of points. I have a system of naming them that gives me infinite possibilities because numbers are boring. Its been fun watching the progress and all the different color possibilities in lowchen.
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2022 5:50:56 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

Yes, true source breeding is not for the faint of heart.

16 years later, I’m still at it. No show quality yet. happy :)

Carol
Clwyd Cockers/Rossett Spaniels
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2022 10:07:24 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Trying to get pure blue Afghan Hounds (no black mask) up to 100 SOP. Started with 2 starters and have added high SOP along the way. It's fun but uses up a lot of dog crates.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2022 6:46:34 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I was worried about running out of names but I decided to just go for it, so I've named this gen with candle names and drink name, subsequent gens I'm hoping to just bland Sire/Dam names and I might be okay, they just might get ridiculous laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Pembroke Pixie Kennel on 4/23/2022 6:46:44 AM
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2022 9:30:27 AM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

I’m still working on breeding a show quality Cardigan that’s not a “double merle.” Started in early 2020 breeding existing lines to source dogs to breed out the merle trait. My highest SOP is now 98.2. Not quite competitive, but I’ll get there!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/23/2022 11:37:56 AM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Last year, I started working on rebuilding showable Lhasa Apso. I started with all source but that was taking too long for me lol So, I started a cross line with hidden high SOP males. I am within 80 SOP now. Unfortunately, many of those studs I was using are now deceased.

I got lucky and I have a few 90+. I am just trying to keep this breed going.

If anyone is interested in working with them too, let me know happy :)

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.