Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : June 2022 Monthly Public Service Annoucement
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/1/2022 11:59:39 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

On the first of every month, I am going to make a post mentioning a few things I notice during the previous month. Helpful reminders to just jog your memory.

1) Make sure to check your dog rations. Are all of your adults on adult formula? Show dogs on a good formula to keep them in condition?

2) The number of public studs in a lot of medium popularity breeds are super limited on availability. If you are up for sharing your boys, first of the month is a great time to see if all your of age males are up for stud.

3) If you enter weeks ahead at a time, don't forget to check occasionally to see if anyone has dropped some specialties on the calendar. Shows can be sponsored up until three days beforehand. So if you enter a week out, you stand a chance to miss a show opportunity.

Good luck in the whelping box and show ring for June!

Will

Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2022 12:17:22 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Excellent tips, thanks Will.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2022 12:18:51 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

For me, it's a constant battle to check ages and make sure I switch pups over to adult at 14 days (usually I do it at 13). There have been many nice bitches who have been all sessioned, only to have their condition terrible because they are still on pup food.
 Killick
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2022 5:08:00 PM reply with quote send message to Killick Object to Post

The stud tip is appreciated. Some of my breeds have 4 or more players and only one or two of the players have their boys at stud.

We need to widen the SD gene pool in many of our breeds.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2022 6:47:31 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Killick
The stud tip is appreciated. Some of my breeds have 4 or more players and only one or two of the players have their boys at stud.

We need to widen the SD gene pool in many of our breeds.

I agree, but I always accept if another user doesn't want to list any studs. I sway back and forth on offering some of mine up too. lol

Will
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2022 10:17:33 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The checking specialties reminder is always helpful- just went and looked and I would have missed three! Thanks.

-----
Last edited by DetroitKennel on 6/1/2022 10:18:24 PM
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2022 10:47:32 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

I try to remember every few days to go into each of my kennels and check every breed for specialties. They tend to creep up!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler