.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : July 2022 Public Service Announcement Post
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/30/2022 5:06:39 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm going to start doing these in General so that basics can join the dialogue as well.

First off, Congratulations to Landcross for GCH CH LC Blackhole Sun Man and his #1 All Breed ranking!

Second off, Congratulations to Steinhaus for winning the June SDWC with their young CH Steinhaus Butkis.

Reminders for July:

1) Check your stud listings and make sure they updated!

2) Got multiple kennels or a family account? Make sure to sign in and just check on things if you don't regularly visit all of your kennels.

3) Check your sessions and salary. Are you signed up for the option that best fits your current playing style?

Tip of the Month:

If you are specializing any dogs in a breed, go ahead and look at the specialty calendar. Take a peek at the judge for your Nationals.

If your Nationals judge has a preference for dogs it's seen more, go ahead and make sure to enter any all breeds with that judge before your Nationals.

This will help give your current specials an extra edge when Nationals rolls around.

July Challenge:

Every month, I wanna toss out a challenge for everyone to try and participate in!

This month is Grand Champions!

If you are newer kennel and have never finished a grand champion, your challenge is to try to finish a Grand Champion before the end of July!

You've been around for awhile? Ok time to challenge yourself to finish a GCh to the next level. Shoot for that Bronze Award!

Already been there done that? Grab a random Ch adult off the sales board in a new to you breed and see how far you can take it into Grand Champ rankings!

Brags and Goals:

Everyone add one brag from June and one goal for July to this thread! I will drop mine in a separate post on this thread.

Hope everyone had a good and productive June. Let's have some fun in July!

Will

-----
Last edited by BarStar on 6/30/2022 7:27:07 PM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2022 5:13:24 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

My brag is on Silver GCh DenKees Midnight in the Storm.

I picked her up from Denkees as a show prospect to dabble in Keeshonds. She was in the top rankings all of her show career and took time off to produce one litter that produced a GCh daughter. Her career wins include Nationals BISS and 2nd In Show at the SDWC.

My goal for July is to finish Grand Champs on my current generation of Dal ladies so I can let them produce my next batch of show pups.

Will
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2022 5:39:10 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

My brag is Clwyds Rise and Shine got her Silver GCh title in June. I have never bred her because I am trying for her Gold GCh. At 102 days old and 235 GCh points, I am thinking maybe not but I am trying.
She is my first Silver GCh.

My goal is to get a Bronze GCh on my boy Clwyds Organized Chaos.

Great thread Will. I miss the Gazette we used to have.

Carol
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2022 6:10:51 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by BarStar
First off, Congratulations to Landcross for winning the June SDWC with GCH CH LC Blackhole Sun Man and his #1 All Breed ranking!

CH Steinhaus Butkis is our June SDWC winner wink ;) (Airedale Terrier bred by Steinhaus):
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18042306

GCH LC Blackhole Sun Man is the #1 All-Breed which is still very much an accomplishment!

As for me, to brag, I made 500+ champions in this kennel on June 19th. Mostly all Toy Poodles, I am thrilled.
(Also, GCH Comet Mile High finished #4 Toy this month, very pleased)

Goal: maybe break 96.8 SOP in this kennel.

Congrats to all, have a wonderful July!
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2022 8:13:50 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

Many Congratulations to BarStar on doing so well with Silver GCh DenKees Midnight in the Storm.
Also many congrats to Landcross for GCH CH LC Blackhole Sun Man coming out on top in the All Breed rankings.

My brag is Bronze GCH CH DenKees Pearlfisher finishing number 2 in the All Breed rankings.
And also breeding 2 of the top 10 in the All Breed Rankings, the other being Silver GCh DenKees Midnight in the Storm who came in at number 7.
The best result yet for one of my Keesies. Thank you BarStar.

My goal is to get Pearlfisher to his Silver if not his gold Grand Champion medal before he retires.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 6/30/2022 10:27:54 PM
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 12:14:36 AM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

Another tip is to check your pups' ages and be sure to change food at 14 days. Easy to miss.

You are challenging me Will. Now I need to find goals etc. That sounds like work! I will update when I have something.

I love this though, with so many breeds reaching 100 it's easy to lose motivation.

Aldeberan
DoggyPanache
Fingerprint
Tarot
Xizang
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 8:35:29 AM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

Love the idea of this thread! Thanks for taking the time to do it and congratulations on everyone for their mentions and also their June accomplishments.
And Carol I think your Cocker definitely has a chance at gold she added 10 GCh points just today with her BIB and BISS! Congratulations!
My accomplishments for June would probably be my two BIS with two of my Borzois. Retired two of my best borzois at the end of may so I am excited that the new generation is getting off to a good start. For July I hope this continues with each of them getting either another BIS or BISS. Fingers crossed.
Hope everyone else has a great July as well and meets their goals!
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 1:01:36 PM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

posted by CzarinaKennels
And Carol I think your Cocker definitely has a chance at gold she added 10 GCh points just today with her BIB and BISS! Congratulations!

Thanks so much. I would love a BIS, 0 in 17 years so I goal set on Grand Champions. LOL

Congratulations on your successes.

Carol
Rossett, Clwyds and Caulfeilds
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 1:39:58 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

posted by Rossett Spaniels
posted by CzarinaKennels

Thanks so much. I would love a BIS, 0 in 17 years so I goal set on Grand Champions. LOL

Carol

I think it can be a bit of a breed thing, I have definitely noticed that some of my breeds (like Borzois, sealyhams) are way more likely to get BIS while other breeds like my welsh terriers don’t seem to ever get BIS. I would aim for shows that the judge “doesn’t like to pick breeds that always win BIS” for those less likely breeds to try and increase my odds!
Never know it could happen tomorrow so keep trying! In the meantime a gold GCh is a very good goal to try and achieve. Even if she doesn’t make it she’s done amazing to reach Silver.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 6:09:32 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Thanks CzarinaKennels.
Here in Canada, we do get American Cockers winning BIS…a heck of a lot more times than on SD that’s fir sure laugh :D

Carol
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 7:22:48 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Rossett Spaniels
posted by CzarinaKennels

Carol

Hey now, You got a BIS last month! lol

I threw 2 no handler specialties on your Cocker calendar. Hope it helps!

Will

-----
Last edited by BarStar on 7/1/2022 7:29:03 PM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 7:28:34 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Aussiewolfsister

My brag is Bronze GCH CH DenKees Pearlfisher finishing number 2 in the All Breed rankings.
And also breeding 2 of the top 10 in the All Breed Rankings, the other being Silver GCh DenKees Midnight in the Storm who came in at number 7.
-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 6/30/2022 10:27:54 PM

Midnight was a consistent winner for sure. Thanks for sharing her! I am going to special her daughter for July and then breed her. I'm watching your boy out of Pearfisher and Smoke & Ashes. It would be really fun to combine Pearlfisher/Smoke and PearlDragon/Midnight as grandparents!

I have no doubt Pearlfisher will get his gold!

Will

Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2022 6:48:34 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 8 time(s)

posted by BarStar

Midnight was a consistent winner for sure. Thanks for sharing her! I am going to special her daughter for July and then breed her. I'm watching your boy out of Pearfisher and Smoke & Ashes. It would be really fun to combine Pearlfisher/Smoke and PearlDragon/Midnight as grandparents!

I have my fingers crossed for the boy, hope he turns out well. Would be interesting to see that litter!!!!
Smoke and Ashes was very much a favourite of mine. Woops I meant Smoke and Shadows!!!!!!!

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 7/6/2022 2:21:21 AM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2022 9:50:15 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Barstar….oops…I did get a BIS didn’t I laugh :D

First in 17 years.

Carol
 El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2022 12:18:06 PM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post

My male GCH CH Seonaidh den Chrann Darach "Johnny" won BIS, July 2nd!

I haven't had a BIS in years so I'm happy!

https://www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Wink%20all%20breed%202

Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/5/2022 1:52:33 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

One goal met….I got a Bronze GCh last night on this boy.

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18000090

Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/5/2022 10:46:42 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Congrats!
 Delias Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/7/2022 1:50:36 AM reply with quote send message to Delias Kennel Object to Post

Love this thread!

I came back to the game after a very long break. I jumped in PWC and just last month had my second BIS winner! I hope to turn him into a silver award Gch. July’s goal- a silver dam.

Have fun everyone! happy :)
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/7/2022 9:58:07 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

My goal was finishing GCh's on my Dal girls. They all just needed a few grand points so that went faster than I thought.

But, I did add a new longterm goal for my Standard Poodles. There are less than a dozen colors in the breed so I want to try and breed a GCH in each color.

Will

Replies in this thread : 18

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.