Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Can I add a basic to a family acct?
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/23/2022 8:21:33 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post   

I have 5 full family accounts but I have several dogs that are the only ones of that breed. I was thinking about getting a basic account and getting a male from individual breeds just to show. Is that legit and how would I go about adding a basic account?
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/23/2022 8:31:56 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

Hello! You are allowed one free basic account with a family subscription so it is completely legit. The help page states:

Multiple Free Accounts

Do not manage more than one free account. If a user is caught running more than one free account, they will all be shut down.

You are more than welcome to have a single free account in addition to your standard/family accounts.

So just create that account and your good! You do not add it to any subscription, but you can add it to your kennel flipping tool for easy access.
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2022 12:04:04 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Thank you. But how do I actually add it?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2022 12:23:19 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Fingerprint
Thank you. But how do I actually add it?
There is nothing to add. You simply create the account which you won't be upgrading and follow the rules for Basic users (5 dog limit, etc).
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/24/2022 9:29:31 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Oh, so it's a totally new kennel. Got it. Thank you!
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2022 9:54:12 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

So you can have a basic account if you have a family account and not if you just have one paid account?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2022 9:57:33 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by chestara
So you can have a basic account if you have a family account and not if you just have one paid account?
One basic account period, no matter how many Standard kennels you pay for. If you have 10 Family accounts, you are entitled to only one basic. If you have one Standard account, you are similarly entitled to one basic account.
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2022 9:57:40 AM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

You can have one free basic account along with any number off subscriptions (family or standard). You may only have ONE free basic though, not one per subscription account.
So yes you can have one standard and one basic account. Or one family and one basic account. Or Three standards and one basic account. The key is only one free basic account period. Hope that helps!
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2022 9:58:38 AM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
posted by chestara
One basic account period, no matter how many Standard kennels you pay for. If you have 10 Family accounts, you are entitled to only one basic. If you have one Standard account, you are similarly entitled to one basic account.

Comet beat me to it by 7 seconds!
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/4/2022 9:04:45 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

So can you move a dog from your basic account to your standard account? I know it used to be done but it won't let me do it now. I have had no business transacted between the accounts for many months.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2022 12:11:18 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

It seems to happen randomly. It's happened to me in all my kennels. I have had to sell to another kennel then buy back.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.