.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Potential for Odd Errors Today
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
12/6/2022 7:26:48 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

One of the most tedious things I do with all of the sites I run is deal with SQL injection attacks.

I recently updated this site to try and streamline and strengthen that process, but the way I did it MAY cause normal traffic to have some problems.

If you get an error on a page that you didn't get before, please let me know where. Specifically, if you get redirected to this page...

https://www.thirdrow.net/

...it probably means the new security feature caught something it shouldn't have. It will never come into play with regular traffic by normal people.
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 12:11:17 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Aha... "Normal people..." You mean those people who sit in front of a screen for hours breeding nonexistent dogs to enter nonexistent shows to win nonexistent trophies? Are those the ones you mean Jeff (if this is you)? You mean US?
 Sunwing
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 1:57:32 PM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post

Only thing I've noticed is images not loading correctly (not site images, those seem to be loading fine, but for ones I added it's hit or miss if they'll load).
 ReginaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 2:43:04 PM reply with quote send message to ReginaKennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Creams color images for Irish Wolfhounds now are not appearing- do not know if that’s related.

-----
Last edited by ReginaKennels on 12/6/2022 2:51:53 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 3:43:10 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by Fingerprint
Aha... "Normal people..." You mean those people who sit in front of a screen for hours breeding nonexistent dogs to enter nonexistent shows to win nonexistent trophies? Are those the ones you mean Jeff (if this is you)? You mean US?
Not sure if this is a joke or you just being rude.
Hard to tell.

To me it looks rather rude.

Carol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 5:15:24 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Lol. Carol, I confess to recognizing myself in the description. It's maybe a bit cheeky but in some cases, quite true! One must be able to laugh at oneself - keeps us humble.

I think Jeff regards us as "Normal People" in this case. The rest of society . . .

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 12/6/2022 5:17:34 PM
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 6:04:55 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

(It's Fingerprint in disguise)

Geez people, it was supposed to be funny. I mean, whenever I tell people about a puppy I just bought and then they realize it's not real, they think I am nuts. Either you get it or you don't. A lot of people would not think that is normal (it's not real, after all). But I assume 99% of us on this or Jeff's other sites would consider it totally normal.

Didn't realize it would offend anyone. I certainly was not trying to be rude.

Disclaimer: joke joke joke joke
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 6:05:40 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Agree with everything Tarot said.
 Sunwing
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 6:35:44 PM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post

You never realize how weird this hobby is until you try to explain it to your husband and he just looks at you with utter bewilderment XD.
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/6/2022 8:24:38 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

I get it. My sister still thinks I'm crazy for getting so much enjoyment out of the game!
 .LYNX
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2022 12:39:10 AM reply with quote send message to .LYNX Object to Post

Thank you admin for keeping this game playable!! It has been such a source of fun and joy for years
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2022 12:46:57 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I agree with .LYNX --- Thank you Jeff, so much for keeping this game going, I love it!!!!!!!
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2022 7:37:57 AM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

Same! This game is my relax time. Just sit for an hour. Listen to a podcast. Relax and enter shows. Sounds weird but really helps center me and let me destress from all the craziness of the week!
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2022 12:52:27 PM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post

SUNWING....
You never realize how weird this hobby is until you try to explain it to your husband and he just looks at you with utter bewilderment XD.

Tell your hubby that at least these are only VIRTUAL dogs....lol.

Thank you admin, for still being here after all my years away.

-----
Last edited by Eclipse 207 on 12/7/2022 12:53:09 PM
 vEntropy
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/12/2022 3:57:55 PM reply with quote send message to vEntropy Object to Post

posted by admin
One of the most tedious things I do with all of the sites I run is deal with SQL injection attacks.

I recently updated this site to try and streamline and strengthen that process, but the way I did it MAY cause normal traffic to have some problems.

If you get an error on a page that you didn't get before, please let me know where. Specifically, if you get redirected to this page...

https://www.thirdrow.net/

...it probably means the new security feature caught something it shouldn't have. It will never come into play with regular traffic by normal people.

I just got the following error while trying to use the search function:

--------

Server Error in '/' Application.
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30288: Local variable 'mySQLArray' is already declared in the current block.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%
Line 2:
Line 3: Dim mySQLArray(10)
Line 4: mySQLArray(1) = "show"
Line 5: mySQLArray(2) = "breed"

Source File: E:\Showdog\inc\sd_sql.aspx Line: 3
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/27/2022 12:02:21 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

I am also thankful to Jeff for keeping Showdog going all these years. Been playing since 2003. I started breeding and showing in real life in 1962 and stopped in 2004 so playing the game gets me my dog show "fix".
One thing I wish would happen is that the breeds who have reached 100 SOP be set back a bit. For me they are no fun to play with.
Granny Coon

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.