Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Question about old ratings
 Tarot
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/30/2022 12:09:47 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post   

I am trying to bring self-masked blue Afghans up to the current perfect state. I read that old ratings are helpful but the old ratings just show 10s everywhere. Is that because the SOP was reset in this breed?

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18260506
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/30/2022 6:09:55 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

The old ratings are really only helpful for low SOP dogs. At a certain point, they are not helpful for dogs past 90 SOP.
 Key Largo Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2023 8:03:12 AM reply with quote send message to Key Largo Kennel Object to Post

I'm happy someone else is working on color in Afghans. I am trying to get a consistent line of color White.

Best of luck in your endeavor.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2023 2:38:22 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It seems like every time I lose a color I can't find it again. The popularity is very variable I guess. I have a white bitch that I will be breeding again at some point to a dilute male of some kind. But then I again, I wanted a red brindle and I bred my red brindle male to every color under the sun until I finally got one.

-----
Last edited by Tarot on 1/1/2023 2:39:05 PM
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 10:12:13 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

What is the formula for figuring out the old system? I think I saw it posted once but cannot find it.
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 10:47:31 AM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

20-SS = X, divide by 2, add original SOP

Is this what you are looking for?
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 12:09:58 PM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post

HUH????

"20-SS = X, divide by 2, add original SOP"
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 10:57:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

20 is the max SS.
Subtract the dogs actual SS from 20
Divide that by 2
Add the result to the actual SOP
This gives the SOP had the SS been 20

I don't recall any calculation regarding the old ratings. I think Jeff would be the only one who knows what is behind the past reset calculations.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.