Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Accidentally deleted my family account manager kennel
 KOTAKAI
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/29/2023 11:08:05 AM reply with quote send message to KOTAKAI Object to Post   

ANyone know how I can fix this? Yes I have messaged Jeff...THREE TIMES. I accidentally deleted my family account manager. It now says it is a basic account which means I can't actually access it as a regular family account kennel. I wanted to change my manager to another kennel but apparently I deleted my manager kennel from my family account?
 GoldenOaks
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/29/2023 11:10:51 AM reply with quote send message to GoldenOaks Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by KOTAKAI
ANyone know how I can fix this? Yes I have messaged Jeff...THREE TIMES. I accidentally deleted my family account manager. It now says it is a basic account which means I can't actually access it as a regular family account kennel. I wanted to change my manager to another kennel but apparently I deleted my manager kennel from my family account? ANyone know how to change manager kennel to another one, when I can't access the actual manager? I also have ZERO idea HOW the first part of this post says it's from Kotakai, since that is the deleted account that says its a basic and I cannot actually post on forums from that account. WTF.

-----
Last edited by GoldenOaks on 5/29/2023 11:12:49 AM
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/29/2023 1:17:30 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

Hello,
That sounds frustrating! I am not sure I can help but I can suggest some things to try…
I don’t know exactly what your circumstances with the accounts are, but you can’t access the original account manager account? Did you forget the password? As I think there’s an option to reset passwords if you forgot? Can you “flip” into that account from any of your other accounts?
If not I would try and check all my other accounts on the family account to see if the system randomly assigned one of them as the new manager (not sure if that’s how it works but worth a look).
Another option would be to renew your subscription under another account- but of course that’s not really an option if you just renewed a yearly recently as it will lose you money. But if your on a month to month I would just go into PayPal the day before the payments due, cancel that script and resign up under the account you want as your main.
Sorry for your predicament! I know you may have tried the suggested things but thought I would mention just in case. I hope admin reaches out soon to try and help with the script issue.
 GoldenOaks
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/29/2023 5:11:55 PM reply with quote send message to GoldenOaks Object to Post

posted by DetroitKennel
Hello,
That sounds frustrating! I am not sure I can help but I can suggest some things to try…
I don’t know exactly what your circumstances with the accounts are, but you can’t access the original account manager account? Did you forget the password? As I think there’s an option to reset passwords if you forgot? Can you “flip” into that account from any of your other accounts?
If not I would try and check all my other accounts on the family account to see if the system randomly assigned one of them as the new manager (not sure if that’s how it works but worth a look).
Another option would be to renew your subscription under another account- but of course that’s not really an option if you just renewed a yearly recently as it will lose you money. But if your on a month to month I would just go into PayPal the day before the payments due, cancel that script and resign up under the account you want as your main.
Sorry for your predicament! I know you may have tried the suggested things but thought I would mention just in case. I hope admin reaches out soon to try and help with the script issue.

thank you for trying but no to all of that. It is listed in the flips but it still says its basic. It still says its my manager account when viewed from the other 4 kennels. It did not reassign another kennel. I wish it had, as that would solve it all. I think my only option is to wait for renewal time, which means I'm paying for 5 kennels and only have 4. I renewed just a couple months ago, for a year. LOL. I'm stuck.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/29/2023 11:55:58 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Regarding your Family Account issue, try this:

Do you have access to the other members of the Family?

Do they show as "Family"?

Under "Account Tools" go to "Account Settings" (you should see the heading
"Edit Account Settings" ). Scroll right down to the bottom of the page and you should see this:

Subscription

Your account is currently Family. Your account manager is _________.

If you do NOT see this line, then this account is likely the actual Manager.

I suspect that KOTAKAI is not the managing account. It went Basic because it is not actually subscribed. Check all the other members.

Your actual Managing Account will list the following:

Account Tools
Manage Family Account

I believe I made the same error at one time.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/29/2023 11:57:31 PM
 GoldenOaks
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2023 9:37:35 AM reply with quote send message to GoldenOaks Object to Post

from Kotakai; thank you for trying but it says my family account manager is kotakai, yet kotakai itself says its basic. I was trying to delete it as manager but instead it deleted the kennel from my family account and it won't let me readd it because it IS the family account but does not function as such. My only recourse is to wait a year to fix it since Jeff is ignoring me.
 GoldenOaks
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2023 9:42:02 AM reply with quote send message to GoldenOaks Object to Post

I tried contacting admin from this account, thinking maybe since Kotakai says its a basic account, perhaps that is why my three attempts to contact admin have been unsuccessful.
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2023 9:59:07 AM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

That’s probably a good idea to contact from the account that’s on the family account currently! Hopefully that works.
 GoldenOaks
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2023 11:45:51 AM reply with quote send message to GoldenOaks Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Regarding your Family Account issue, try this:

I suspect that KOTAKAI is not the managing account. It went Basic because it is not actually subscribed. Check all the other members.
-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/29/2023 11:57:31 PM

but it SHOULD BE subscribed. The "help" section actually states they "never delete accounts" but somehow, I managed to delete Kotakai from my account so...
 GoldenOaks
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2023 12:17:30 PM reply with quote send message to GoldenOaks Object to Post

Jeff fixed it for me!! <3
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2023 1:45:25 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

posted by GoldenOaks
Jeff fixed it for me!! <3
Yay! That’s awesome. I know it took a minute but I heard in another forum post he’s been having some health issues so that may be why. I am happy it got corrected though!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2023 11:09:46 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Great news!

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.