Search

.com Forum · Lagotto Romagnolo

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Saying Goodbye to a Legend
 Sylence
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/16/2011 5:16:58 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post   

Yes yes, you are all sick of hearing about 94.1 stud Capt. Jean-Luc Picard... well those of you that have been trying to get Best of Breed wins in the major shows will be happy to know Picard will be retiring from shows in 4 days.

He will be going out as the #2 All Time Top Dog for the Lagotto Romagnolo breed, he gained a Bronze Sire merit and is on his way to his Silver, he took in almost 100 Best of Breeds, and 8 Best in Specialty Show wins, as well as one 3rd in Group and one 2nd in Group placement. He also gained a CDX merit in Obedience and is working on his UD.

Not to mention his kids have been some of the absolute best in the Lagotto Romagnolo breed for both showing and breeding. Picard has produced 94.1, and 94.4 daughters, and many many dogs in the high 93's.

So yes, I'll be sad to see him leave the show ring. sad :(
 Oakenridge Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2011 2:34:29 PM reply with quote send message to Oakenridge Kennels Object to Post

So will I....such a shame he couldn't make it to the top but boy have you done well with him Liam.

Looks like with the new stats he has the joint top SOP still so I'm sure he'll be an in demand stud again!

Kat
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2011 3:51:26 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

Hope so. I'll be dropping his stud fee down to $150 or $100 since he's a bit past his prime now. laugh :D

Hoping his 94.4/94.9 daughter My Precious is a dog to be proud of soon even though she looks a little scary on the new trait table. wink ;) She's bred right now, but will be showing full time soon.

Replies in this thread : 2

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.