.com Forum · Lagotto Romagnolo

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : New Breed TOP SOP! 94.1%
 Sylence
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/29/2010 6:34:39 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post   

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=10120491

Sylence Capt. Jean-Luc Picard just settled with a 94.1% SOP. His SOP was so high above his littermates, I had to refresh the quick SOP page three times, and do it manually twice through Kelgee's calculator.

Sure enough, he keeps showing as a 94.1!

His sire is the wonderful 92.4% CN* Enter Sylence, and his dam is the very unassuming 91.5% Sylence Mama Mia by the 91.1 Oakenridge Starry Night.

Expect to see Jean-Luc in the show ring ASAP!! happy :)

Sara
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2010 7:30:55 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

94.1?!?!? I saw your post in the BMF, and I thought, "Huh-uh. There is no way that's right."
HUGE congratulations!! That's amazing. happy :)

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2010 7:50:32 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

Trust me, I keep checking his SOP with both the Quick Sop page and Kelgees calculator just to make sure I haven't made a mistake! He keeps showing up as 94.1!! shocked 8O I'm just as shocked as you. laugh :D

His siblings were so low (90.3, 90.5 and 90.8) that I figured it had to be a mistake with him being so high.
He was also the only one with a 20 SS. His siblings had their SS in the 18's.

His dam and sire are bred together again. Let's see if we can create magic a second time. wink ;)

Sara
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2010 9:17:16 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

Maybe another 94.1...? laugh :D
I've got a litter due by Enter Sylence on Thursday...we'll see how that turns out. :\ 92.4 X 92.1?

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2010 9:39:23 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

I would love to see another high SOP out of Mama Mia. Jean-Luc came from her first litter ever. I wondered why Liam kept her since I had seen him dispose of 91.7's, but either he knew something I didn't or it was a totally lucky chance.
I'd expect to find a canary diamond in my breakfast cereal before I expect to see another dog with that kind of a sop out of such a lowly bitch. She probably used up all her 'beginners luck' when she produced Jean-Luc! laugh :D

I was looking over all of CN* Enter Sylence's offspring since he has a pretty decent chance of eventually becoming a merit sire, and I have high hopes for several of them. I hope most of the "keepers" enter the show ring at some point. I'll be watching your litter, and wish you good luck!!
Theres a 9 day old litter in Liam's kennel now which is out of the 92% mother to your bitch. I'm not sure their exact birth time, so I'll check them tomorrow to see if any are as decent as their parents.

The same merit hope could apply to Jean-Luc when he matures. His traits are very decent save for his hindquarter which seems commonly low for the breed. And once he is sessioned, Liam should finish him easily. I can't wait for Liam to see his new prodigy!!

Sara
 Oakenridge Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2010 2:08:16 AM reply with quote send message to Oakenridge Kennels Object to Post

Wow - and a dog. Expect lots of stud fees!

Not to dampen the mood - you sometimes get this but I hope he's not one where he produces pups with a similar SOP to his parents...

We live in hope!

Kat
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2010 6:10:58 AM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

Oakenridge - Oh, yes, let's hope that doesn't happen!

posted by Sylence
I can't wait for Liam to see his new prodigy!!

laugh :D I'd love to see his face when he logs in and sees that 94.1 glaring at him! happy :)

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2010 12:11:53 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

posted by Oakenridge Kennels
Wow - and a dog. Expect lots of stud fees!

Not to dampen the mood - you sometimes get this but I hope he's not one where he produces pups with a similar SOP to his parents...

We live in hope!

Kat

We can always hope Jean-Luc will be one of the 'raise the bar' kind of dogs that produces better than himself. Time and luck will tell!

Sara
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 2:54:12 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

shocked 8O How dare you mere mortals insult my Picard by saying he may not produce well!! You're all just jealous. laugh :D razz :p

He's mine! All mine! Muhahahahaha!!!!

Liam
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 5:02:32 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

I read that and thought, "Liam's back." I knew that wasn't Sara...it sounded too much like you. laugh :D wink ;)
Welcome back! How was your trip?

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 7:01:48 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

Trip was awesome! Sy made a total goof of herself when it snowed, and she went swimming in the river when it was like 20 degrees outside! THEN she came and shook all over ME and got me wet and cold. laugh :D

I've got photos but too lazy to get them all resized and hosted right now. razz :p

We saw turkeys, deer, heard owls and heard a wildcat out in the distance. Either a bobcat or a mountain lion. shocked 8O Glad it didn't come too near, I would have wet myself and hid in the van. laugh :D

Liam
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 7:08:14 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

lol Sy laugh :D Well, she's a Lab, isn't she? They love water! happy :)
Glad to hear the trip went well. I'm hoping to see some deer myself in the next few days; providing my dad will take me hunting in the next week. happy :) He better...or else. razz :p

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 7:31:59 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

Yep she loves water! Part fish I think. Or polar bear since it was so cold! Or maybe part seal since she has a layer of fat under that fur too. laugh :D

Good luck with hunting, you bambi killer. laugh :D If you get one, I wanna see pics. happy :) Here's hoping for a world record breaker. razz :p

Liam
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 7:34:54 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

Hmm...probably no world record breaker...the biggest we've seen pics of (my dad has a camera set up on the land we hunt) is a twelve point. Pretty good size for around here.
I don't know about pics...we'll see. I might PM you some. happy :)happy :)

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 7:42:10 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

Those game cams are cool, the ones that snap a shot when something walks in front. I've seen them on the fake tree displays in Bass Pro shops and always thought it would be cool to set one up just to see what walks by.

But then I got to thinking of the movie Signs with the aliens in the cornfield and figured it would be my luck to catch an image of an alien or something extra creepy walking around looking for blood.

Something like that would totally ruin my day. lol

Liam
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2010 11:53:05 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

lol laugh :D Don't think we have aliens here in this small town...or do we?? You never know. I just thought of some people who could be aliens in disguise...shocked 8O

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2010 3:19:21 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

Wow, I can't believe Picard's first puppies are 6 days old!! Im dying to see how he produces. Got me kinda worried by saying he might stink. shocked 8O

If his first crop sinks like the Titanic, Ill be removing him from stud permanently, showing him til he tops the All Time Top Dogs List for the breed (my next major goal, if possible) and then neutering him. Hoping it doesnt come to that, but he was used on some REALLY nice bitches, so if his first kids aren't worthy, I guess theres no sense in keeping him up.

Gosh I hope his kids are nice!!! lol

Liam
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2011 3:57:07 PM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

7 days old!!! Only 3 more days to go!!

Wow, Im so freaking excited to see what comes of his pups!!!!!

Liam
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2011 7:06:41 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

These pups are taking the longest time to reach 10 days...longer than any other litters I've ever had. razz :p
*waits very patiently for the freakin' pups to settle*

Blue Ridge
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2011 11:16:15 AM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

laugh :D I know what yu mean! Geez Ive been waiting a month at least I know!!!!

%The suspense is killing me. I better get some freaking amazing pups out of these litters, and better see some *almost* as amazing as my own pups from others litters. laugh :D

Liam
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2011 8:03:47 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

lol laugh :D Only 2 days left!razz :p

Blue Ridge

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.