Search

.com Forum · Canaan Dog

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : new kennel, color breeding
 Hatter of Arc
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/10/2010 8:12:25 PM reply with quote send message to Hatter of Arc Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Hey guys! My name's Brittany. I have another account on here that I opened about a month ago that has a couple of show Canaans, but I just recently got interested in color breeding and thanks to a nudge from Midwestern Dirt, decided to open a new account for such breeding. I got some starter dogs with some interesting colors and some with long coats and was wondering if you guys could check them out and maybe give some advice as to which ones should stay, which ones should go and where to go from there.

Much appreciated,
Brittany

oh and does anyone own a Canaan in real life? I'm very interested in getting one someday and would love a firsthand account about their temperament and such
 Midwestern Dirt
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2010 8:27:08 PM reply with quote send message to Midwestern Dirt Object to Post

With those particular starters you have the potential for every basic color, so that's a good place to start. I'd breed them to each other to see which colors hold strongest and go from there.

happy :)
Heather
 Hatter of Arc
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2010 8:41:12 PM reply with quote send message to Hatter of Arc Object to Post

Thanks Heather! All that red makes me nervous, but I guess I have to start somewhere! I'd love to get a couple of broodies from you though too

Brittany

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.