Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Newbie
 Delphland Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/14/2016 5:55:22 AM reply with quote send message to Delphland Kennel Object to Post   

Hello all,
I used to dabble at playing this game forever ago and have stumbled back across it and started a new account with the aim of purchasing a premium account when I get to grips with everything. I have read all the other newbie posts and read the help posts that someone wrote about getting started which were really useful.

I was hoping to get to know a few people and get some advise on a good breed to start with. I’m a quick learner and willing to put the time and effort into the breed I get into.

Any advise about where To start with looking for a pup or a female would be useful. I read that someone suggested buying a started female with the intention of breeding her to get a litter started in the first 30 days is a good place to start... would this be a good idea or is it better to start with a pup?

Thanks all

Becky x
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2016 6:37:39 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Hi Becky! and welcome back! happy :)

I'm sure the site has changed a hell of a lot since you were last here - so it's a great idea that you've read the Help sections! happy :)

In terms of choosing a breed - it's entirely up to you and what you're interested in! There are 188 breeds to choose from - so it depends on if you have a favourite breed in RL, whether or not you'd like to work with a competitive breed or a 'breed in need' that is rare. Some breeds have what we call 'Picardy Pics' - which are digital artworks for each colour within a breed so if you're into colour breeding these are nice!

In terms of starting out once you know which breed/s you'd like to join it's best to send a private message (PM) to the breeders within that breed asking if they have any Brood girls or pups that thy can lend/give to you to start up your lines. Starting with a current SOP brood is always best. As for age - if they are over 30 days old you can breed them sooner than if they were still pups.

You can always post a 'Looking for a Breed' post in the forum and list the things that you're interested in with the breed - and then other players can suggest breeds to you. That way you can get a bit of an idea what you'd like to join.

As a basic (free account) you can't breed like a Premium account so perhaps until you upgrade you could focus on showing? (You can breed as much as you like in the first month of owning a Basic account - but that stops after 30 days as far as I know). You could always ask a breeder for a show prospect that is of competitive SOP. (If you are unable to finish the dogs CH title or if you decide to leave the game you'll need to return that dog to the breeder ofcourse). happy :)

If you have any questions about the game - please feel free to ask them here - theres lots of us who can help you out happy :)
 Delphland Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2016 1:45:01 PM reply with quote send message to Delphland Kennel Object to Post

Thank you for the reply. ?? you've been really helpful.

We'll cesky terriers would be lovely but I don't seem to find it on the list ?? I am debating some kind of spaniel perhaps.
 Delphland Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2016 1:45:36 PM reply with quote send message to Delphland Kennel Object to Post

Sorry my smiley turned into question marks!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing