Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Some help ?
 MegaLitters
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/23/2017 9:44:14 PM reply with quote send message to MegaLitters Object to Post   

I just made an account on this and I will be getting a premium account but I need some help , anybody pm me please ?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/24/2017 12:47:01 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hello and welcome to ShowDog

Whats the question?
 Lap of Luxury
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2017 5:20:21 PM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post

Hi, if you read the Show Dogs beginners guide, on this thread, there is everything you need to know but..
First choose your breed, link to all the breeds on bottom left of every page. Stick to one breed to begin with. Look at the number of the genetic quality (on each dogs page) to see how good they are. Compare with the qenetic quality number of the dogs that are winning shows now and try and buy dogs close to those numbers.

To begin with choose a breed that is in the middle of the breeds page, one that has 3-6/7 active kennels. The competition may not be so tough.I would buy 2 dogs and 3 bitches. You may have to buy newborn puppies as the quality of new generations increases all the time and older mediocre ones won't be successful at shows.
If you are more interested in breeding g than showing you might be able to get a good brood bitch thst a breeder has finished with. See how good her previous puppies are first. Make sure the COI of the breeding is under 15%...ideally around 5-10%, though could be 0% or 14%.
Good luck
 Gone Viral
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2018 6:57:52 PM reply with quote send message to Gone Viral Object to Post

OK this answered one of my questions concerning the mid range dogs.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.