Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Question About Rations
 Amytis
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/17/2017 8:19:52 PM reply with quote send message to Amytis Object to Post   

I've noticed one of my puppies on a 1777 formula has its condition rising by 0.8 each day while an adult dog on Top Dog Condition Formula is only rising by 0.3. They are different breeds so I wasn't sure if that had anything to do with that, but I thought I'd ask:

Which is a better formula for raising the condition of dogs: Top Dog Condition Formula, Super Duper Adult Formula, or a custom ration with fat at 7?

Also when making a custom ration what level does protein and vitamin E have to be at to maintain coat and muscle condition? I would assume 4, but want to make sure.
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/17/2017 8:24:01 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Custom with fat on 7 will get you to 20 the fastest. However, on broods, I will keep them on top dog sometimes and that will usually get them to 20 by 30 days (to save money).

And yes, Med (4) will maintain muscle tone and coat.

eta: Breed doesn't make a difference with condition. That will rise steadily on any ration (aside from Old Boy), unless the brood of the dog had poor condition when whelped.

-----
Last edited by Novus on 8/17/2017 8:25:33 PM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.