Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 3:29:22 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:43:11 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 3:29:42 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Kleenex,
Please don't yell.

Certainly the number of dogs drive up the number needed to obtain majors. I see it is worse in other breeds.
In the past, most of us session and show our best dogs, like in the real world. But like in the real world, other show their less than optimal dogs. It is a free world.

Will, I think you may have caused a ruckus in WSS but you have not been the only one...LOL

Some of us 'old timers', like me, like this game as an escape from the real world. I guess like in the real world, times are a changing.

Carol

Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 3:36:41 PM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

As a fellow "oldtimer"... who has been here since a few months after the game went live... I've seen alot of change... all the change.

This game is a great escape from reality for me also. As the number of users has declined it then makes sense that the point schedule numbers decline also, I can remember being in breeds at time when we needed 20+ dogs for a major, but then there was also thousands of dogs per breed, not a couple hundred or less. It's all relevant.

I feel like the big picture issue is what Will said, it feels artificial and it's affecting every one playing in certain breeds. I feel like I show a lot of dogs in this game but I still only my "best" and I am ALWAYS cautious to watch the point schedule requirements and not over enter in order not to disrupt the other people I play with, their enjoyment matters to me too. Also why I always have my studs available to the public at low prices and nice puppies for sale, I want to encourage others to play this game. Perhaps you are finding it less than friendly becasue people are finding your methods antagonistic and less than friendly themselves...
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 3:41:36 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

posted by Kleenex Kennels
Nobody likes me or my dogs, its not a fun game to play for a year.
I don't know you so how can I dislike you??

Will
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 3:43:13 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

Carol,

I'd have to go back and find the posts but I had to laugh when you used to call me Bar Rats in the Cocker forum... <3 good times

Will
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/1/2017 3:55:40 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

The point scale is correct.

We use the same method to calculate point scales that the AKC does.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 3:59:24 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Jeff- no one is saying the point schedule is wrong I don't think... just that they're unhappy with WHY it's gotten so high for certain breeds... that's all. Nothing wrong with SD or how it's working.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 4:00:06 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Why all the deleted posts??? hmmm...
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 4:10:31 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Will,

You make me chuckle...yes, that was a long time ago.

Kleenex, why not take this as a learning experience? Willowcreek said some wise words.

Ah well...this too shall pass.

Take a deep breath and carry on.

laugh :D
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 4:18:47 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

Oh gosh, Carol you probably don’t even remember but when I first joined ACS (like 100 years ago) I offered on a bitch you had for sale but you didn’t realize you had placed her for sale at the time and you were so mad at me for offering on “random dogs not for sale” and then you realized she had been for sale and you apologized, we laughed and I think that bitch is still the reason I’m in the breed... lol she was like amazing at the time and I remember being so excited she was for sale.

The things you remember from forever ago... lol

I love cockers we have such great players in the breed
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 4:42:04 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I do apologize when I make a boo boo that's for sure.
This is a fun game.
We will weather this. happy :)
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 4:42:59 PM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

I'm a little late on this topic. I cant understand anyone entering so many at once. There's no reason for it. Five points is the maximum number of points available. I think 3 or 4 bitches is a nice number for three point major and works well for most of us old timers that get slack at times on making entries. It's also possible to finish something with a lower sop because your working on a certain color or you want to continue a line. There are a lot of tactics to winning. Each dog has different traits to consider. Sometimes the judge don't care. Sometimes they do.

If it's because these players don't understand how to choose handlers or enter under judges that like or dislike certain traits, I think most of us would be glad to offer advice. Choosing handlers and judges is more fun. It's challenging and puts another level of strategy into winning.

I understand loading up on judges that prefer owner handlers is one way to win. Maybe the judge will like one of your dogs, but you can figure that out if you try. Take notes. ask other breeders. Most of us are glad to offer advice to newcomers.

-----
Last edited by Foxley Cockers on 11/1/2017 4:44:07 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 4:47:34 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I tend to like the owner handler judges as I am often late to entering and all the best handlers are gone.
This way, the dog is judged on his/her merits not on who the handler is...like in RL...LOL
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 5:27:18 PM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

I like them too; especially when I'm starting a new dog and the handlers are taken for a week. I usually try to consider one or two traits when choosing judges. If the judge that likes owner handlers likes what my dog has, I will sometimes enter under the judge. I don't like to put my two best dogs against each other, unless ones a baby, not quite trained and needs experience. These high numbers of entries for majors will make entering under other judges a waste of time; certainly not as worthwhile.
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 10:03:52 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

These bashing posts are ridiculous. This is a game, people are allowed to play how they want to within the rules of the game.

I remember a time not to long ago when people were complaining about a lack of entries. Now that the game economy has seen a huge boon and people are showing large numbers of dogs people are still complaining.

Bashing people like you are in this post makes you look like a 5 year old having a tantrum because someone else touched your toy.

I looked at some of the dogs belonging to the kennel in question. Every Kusavz I looked at of theirs was a starter or 2nd gen starter bred.

I did not see any instances of them using handlers for those dogs.

They are spending a fortune to session starter dogs which is more than most people would tackle.

One thing I thought was funny is that no one else listed in the breed directory is showing. And the other breeders listed have modern dogs.

I may not be a genius but it seems pretty simple. If you have a modern Kusavz you wouldn't even have to use a handler to be guaranteed points.

You have no right to complain about the way someone is playing if you are just going to sit back not showing and just pouting.

I've loved playing this game for a very long time and players like Kleenex are not the ones I have a problem with. Players who rudely bash other players are the ones I want nothing to do with.

-----
Last edited by Silk N Denim Terriers on 11/1/2017 10:15:32 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2017 11:39:42 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Silk N Denim, not too concerned about that breed.
We are American Cocker Breeders here.

We are not "bashing" per se.
We are discussing.
This happens in Real Life too, at ring side.

Yes it is a game, but we are allowed to discuss.

Move along now...nothing to see here.....
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/2/2017 8:59:35 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Kleenex is the victim here. Not the breeds suffering with huge jumps in the schedule of points.

Thanks for the laugh this morning!!
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2017 9:35:25 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
Kleenex is the victim here. Not the breeds suffering with huge jumps in the schedule of points.

Wait. You were commenting in a similar manner on the other threads about this topic.

Will
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/2/2017 9:48:39 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by BarStar Goldens
posted by Comet Poodles

Wait. You were commenting in a similar manner on the other threads about this topic.

Will

Sorry, I didn't think I needed to write /SARCASM on my posts.

I don't think Kleenex is a victim. I think what these kennels are doing is ridiculous.

Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2017 9:54:18 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Cockers are relatively quiet breed. Most of us have our ten year award. I don't think anyone meant to bash a beginner. Maybe just bring to their attention what can occur by entering every dog in their kennel in handler free shows. This is a game of strategy and as I said earlier, we are all more than willing to help a beginner learn some strategy to play and to be considerate of other players. We are not vindictive and are wiling to work together to make the game fun for everyone. I don't think veteran players should lose the right to voice their opinion or have to succumb to the results of reckless beginner game play. This is a problem that needs to be understood and dealt with in a fair way.

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.