Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : So......Zara Philips has won the sports personality of the year.........Your thoughts!
 Kenswick~Manor~Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/13/2006 11:18:21 AM reply with quote send message to Kenswick~Manor~Kennels Object to Post   

So......Zara Philips has won the sports personality of the year.........Your thoughts!
Do you think that this was because she is royal ?-post below!
 Cleary Farm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/13/2006 11:21:10 AM reply with quote send message to Cleary Farm Kennels Object to Post

Yes, Finally a horse Rider! The gymnastic is my best friends, sister's training pal!
 Tyr
Basic User

Basic User
12/13/2006 3:25:20 PM reply with quote send message to Tyr Object to Post

Its fantastic that sportspeople from the less popular sports featured so highly this year.
Well done to Zara Philips.
Hay I have just thought this is possibly a first
HRH Princess Anne and Cpt Mark Philips both won quite a few years back too, so that makes them the fist family all to win it.
Sue
 Meekit
Basic User

Basic User
12/14/2006 7:18:32 AM reply with quote send message to Meekit Object to Post

Doesn't princess Anne have a son or 2 aswell? Its not the whole family then... happy :)
 Million Dollar Doggz
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2006 12:24:39 PM reply with quote send message to Million Dollar Doggz Object to Post

she's so great! Nice one Zara!
 Tyr
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2006 4:51:10 PM reply with quote send message to Tyr Object to Post

Oh Meekit,
I Am So glad you felt the need for a snipy remark,I don't know if she has a son or not,Shame on me for not knowing, and shame on you for your catty remark.
 Kitt Coty
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2006 3:16:23 AM reply with quote send message to Kitt Coty Object to Post

It was a mum and daughter 'double whammy' for Zara and the Princess Royal.What an amazing thing for them both and I think Anne won it about 35 years ago.I was thrilled to see Zara win and Beth Tweddle take a 3rd place.It has been far harder for women to win through the years especially with the 'phone in voting system.Equestrianism and gymnastics are both on the map now.In 2012 I hope to be able to watch Zara galloping through our local park !!!!!
 Cleary Farm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2006 4:43:13 AM reply with quote send message to Cleary Farm Kennels Object to Post

posted by Tyr
Oh Meekit,
I Am So glad you felt the need for a snipy remark,I don't know if she has a son or not,Shame on me for not knowing, and shame on you for your catty remark.

Was this joking?
 Tyr
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2006 7:21:19 AM reply with quote send message to Tyr Object to Post

LOL!!!!
 Tarskavaig
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2006 11:31:14 PM reply with quote send message to Tarskavaig Object to Post

She deserves it whether she's royal or not - she's worked hard.

And yes she has a brother - Peter Phillips
 Meekit
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2006 7:15:56 AM reply with quote send message to Meekit Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

OMG i was only joking!

ETA: In fact, thinking back, i wasnt joking, i was actually asking a question, I didnt know if princess Anne had a son, I was actually asking if she did.........
 Tarskavaig
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2006 9:18:11 PM reply with quote send message to Tarskavaig Object to Post

Sorry Meekit happy :) I wasn't being snippy I thought you were wondering. I just thought it was amusing that people might think she only wins medals etc because she's royal - like that would really get her anywhere lol
 Meekit
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2006 4:40:35 AM reply with quote send message to Meekit Object to Post

Well, I suppose being royal could get her a lot of places, but, I doubt she would take sports personality of the year, just because of it. She is very good though, and does work very hard.
 waggie tail
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2006 1:07:25 PM reply with quote send message to waggie tail Object to Post

i think she does deserve it,a lot of hard work was put into compeating.
by the way princess anne has 2 children,1 son and 1 daughter.
 Staffie Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2006 2:24:01 PM reply with quote send message to Staffie Kennels Object to Post

I was suprised at her win, i didnt believe she deserved it, it could have been because she is a royal.

Then again, maybe other sports need people in them to start winning the awards other then the usually oneshappy :)

Staffie
 Kitt Coty
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2006 4:49:00 PM reply with quote send message to Kitt Coty Object to Post

I think this year she has won gold in World and European Championships.She also lost a close friend who was killed competing just a few weeks prior to the World Championships and nearly gave up.It is all to her credit that she did compete and she held her nerve to win...it wasn't easy for her.To me that was a sporting acheivement that deserved the BBC trophy.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2007 4:02:45 PM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

I personally am very happy she won it.

Equestrian stars don't always get the recongintion they should. Zara is such an amazing rider and eventer, evidence in her successes last year.

Toytown is an awesome horse. He was bought as a pony clubber for barely anything, and look how he's prgressed, and is now worth an absolute fortune.

Well done to Zara, she deffinatly deserves eveything, I only wish I can become half as successful as her or her mum.
 BeatYouPawsDown
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2007 11:28:43 AM reply with quote send message to BeatYouPawsDown Object to Post

I am really glad Zara Phillips won the Sports Personallity of the year, well I would be being a horsey person myself. My dream it to be at the 2012 Olympics doing dressage which is what I do best. You never know what could happen. I just need to get on the British under 21's squad and I'm almost there. Please dont post anything mean coz I'm only 13!!laugh :D

Chloe
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2007 2:37:54 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

Good luck Chloe!!!

Dressage personally isn't my favourite, I love show jumping most. Hopefully I'll compete at some point on my pony.
 Welsh Terrier Girl
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2007 10:02:45 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Terrier Girl Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I dont have a horse but I love jumping and i ride
every friday

i think she deserved it
 BeatYouPawsDown
Basic User

Basic User
2/2/2007 11:57:05 AM reply with quote send message to BeatYouPawsDown Object to Post

Thanks Kliazma, good luck in competing, and everybody, wish me luck because I've got the dressage regionals, in 3 thursdays time at Addington manor, if any 1 wants to cum and watch!

Chloe

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.