Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : belgian tervuren
 Whipperwinn Retrievers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/13/2007 7:31:00 AM reply with quote send message to Whipperwinn Retrievers Object to Post   

yes i know i spelt it wrong but i was wondering if anyone has had any experince with these dogs. i would love to get into the breed but i want to talk to someone who has experience with the breed frist. i was wondering what the good points and the faults are on this breed.
-whipperwinn retrievers
 Deep Water Wheatens
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2007 1:29:19 PM reply with quote send message to Deep Water Wheatens Object to Post

Actually, you spelled it right. happy :)
 Tufts
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2007 1:55:43 PM reply with quote send message to Tufts Object to Post

I personally don't know much about the breed, but my grandfathers friend has two that he shows and my grandfather said they're really sweet dogs!

-Tufts <3
 Pendragon
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2007 7:27:12 PM reply with quote send message to Pendragon Object to Post

Having had this breed for almost 20 years I guess I can answer any of your questions. Your first - what is the good points and what are the bad - I'd have to reply that the good points would include the fact that they are extremely smart, agile, active, loving dogs. These can all be placed on their faults too if you are not the right person for them. And that is the main point that I need to stress - these dogs are not for everyone! They demand alot of attention. They are not a breed that you can put in the backyard and visit on occassion - not if you want a backyard! Being extremely smart, they need stimulation - whether it is doing agility, obedience, service dog, herding, long hikes, etc. And their coat does need to be brushed very regularly as well as toenails kept short. In terms of care and attention, this breed really is a fairly high maintance dog.
For more information, check out the American Belgian Tervuren Club website: www.abtc.org There is alot of useful information on it that will help answer alot of your questions as well as contacts for more if needed.

Pendragon
Sally Davis

Pendragon

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.