Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Show names........
 Keavine Dobies
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/7/2007 3:45:56 PM reply with quote send message to Keavine Dobies Object to Post   

I have a little (well shes actually big) doberman puppy that Im going to start showing soon and her Show name is 'Spicy Dream' which I absoloutely hate.....it sort of sounds like something you would buy at KFC..........

Does anyone know if this is changeable?? Ive never shown a dog before and am still trying to figure everything out
 honcho
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2007 4:50:15 PM reply with quote send message to honcho Object to Post

NO its not. Its usually decided by the breeder and unless the kennel club has mispelled it when the breeder gets the registration papers back it can not be changed.
 Keavine Dobies
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2007 5:31:31 PM reply with quote send message to Keavine Dobies Object to Post

damn - I guess I have to show a dog that sounds like a fried chicken take away
 honcho
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2007 11:39:24 PM reply with quote send message to honcho Object to Post

posted by Keavine Dobies
damn - I guess I have to show a dog that sounds like a fried chicken take away
LOL!! sorry that totally sucks.
 Classica
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2007 1:36:09 AM reply with quote send message to Classica Object to Post

If this is AKC you're asking about, then YES you are allowed to change the name one time, so long as the dog has never won an award (placing, etc). You can look on the AKC site for more info, but to get it taken care of faster I'd just call.

Good luck!
 Keavine Dobies
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2007 5:37:05 AM reply with quote send message to Keavine Dobies Object to Post

Im in Australia......My pup has never been shown as shes still a bit too excitable at the moment but hoping to start showing her sometime very soon!
 Classica
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2007 3:35:03 PM reply with quote send message to Classica Object to Post

Oh ok, check with your Australian Kennel Club. I know here the AKC allows for a one time name change if the dog has never been shown. Hope you can change the name!!
 AmazonAri
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2007 2:02:08 AM reply with quote send message to AmazonAri Object to Post

No I beleive you cant change the name in Australia.

Best of luck when you start showing her.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.