Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Changing feed from puppy to adult
 WPs
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/9/2023 8:12:48 PM reply with quote send message to WPs Object to Post   

At what age (days old) do you change from feeding pup food to adult food?
 Carolyn
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/9/2023 8:19:51 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

Change to adult food once they are 14 days old. After that time, if they remain on puppy food, their condition will start to drop.
C
 WPs
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/9/2023 10:51:22 PM reply with quote send message to WPs Object to Post

posted by Carolyn
Change to adult food once they are 14 days old. After that time, if they remain on puppy food, their condition will start to drop.
C

Which is what I am seeing, most all the pups I've produced condition has been dropping.

THANK YOU! You're awesome. I'll change their food now.
 Kimoko
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2023 4:09:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kimoko Object to Post

Someone gave me this info so I am paying it forward: set your puppy ration to 1777 (lowest medication, highest all the other things). Make it like 1777pup then do the exact same thing with an adult formula, and call it some other name. The best feed is that 1777 combo. And make sure you change over to the adult formula at 14 days.
 Black Raven Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/13/2023 3:55:14 PM reply with quote send message to Black Raven Kennels Object to Post

At 13 days of age, I change the pups to top dog condition. That still raises condition while they turn into adults at 14 days of age, at which time I switch them to my adult food.

You CAN put them on adult food at 13 days of age, but it will affect the condition a small amount for that feeding into the next day. It's minor, and also something that I do depending on if I will log in the next day.

Rations can also lower muscle and coat condition too, or raise it depending on what you have made.
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/22/2023 2:32:37 AM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

I always change at 12 days after they have been sessioned that way they is no drop when they turn 13 days it has always worked fine for me. I use 1777 adult and puppy
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/22/2023 5:35:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I change at 14 to 15 days usually. There is little impact from the extra day.

I use the 1777 formula for both pup and adult.

I find that once Coat and Muscle get started (not sure of the number but maybe 12 to 15) they will continue to go up without sessioning on this ration and eventually reach 20. It will be slower but you can spread the sessions around a bit further. This will probably vary with the breed.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.