Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : So You Think You Can Dance: Aussies!
 harvey ned
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/26/2008 5:02:45 AM reply with quote send message to harvey ned Object to Post   

oh yes!!

i couldn't wait any longer lol i'm so excited about this one!!laugh :D one of my dance teachers applied and got in! i can't wait to see it!

who else is like me lol!!
 Razorback Ridges
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2008 9:56:35 PM reply with quote send message to Razorback Ridges Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Just another American thing we got to copy sad :(
I don't really enjoy watching programs like that as there are too many on tv especially the Karokee ones.
Rachael
 Ltlpistol*s Lights
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2008 9:38:22 AM reply with quote send message to Ltlpistol*s Lights Object to Post

I've enjoyed watching the Dance with the Stars. Don't really watch any other reality shows. But congrats to your teacher. Let us know how he/she does!
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2008 11:21:09 PM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post

I enjoyed the American Dance, except for the American acents!!
Does anybody else find that grating, improper drawling acent realy annoying?
I am counting down the days to watch our dancers strut their stuff
I don't watch any of the other shows of this sort, none of the "reality" shows and only a couple of the American TV shows, mostly CSI and Criminal Minds, though I have been waiting with bated breath for House to come back! LOL!
Hey, just a question?
Does anybody else still watch MASH on the TV?
I watch it and absoulutely love it!!
I think its one of the best shows you can get (which is heafty praise for an American show)
TTFN floks!!
 Avanka
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2008 5:15:33 AM reply with quote send message to Avanka Object to Post

Well, I am not Australian, but to the person who made the comment about American accents, it was sort of rude...maybe I'm taking it a bit personally though wink ;)

Did you think about the way your accent sounds to Americans? I can tell you that some people find that annoying...

Razorback Ridgebacks
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2008 5:32:47 AM reply with quote send message to Razorback Ridgebacks Object to Post

posted by Avanka
Well, I am not Australian, but to the person who made the comment about American accents, it was sort of rude...maybe I'm taking it a bit personally though wink ;)

Did you think about the way your accent sounds to Americans? I can tell you that some people find that annoying...

I don't find it rude at all. I think you are just taking it personally.

Every Foreigner sounds funny in a different country. Even Kiwi's sound funny to us Aussie's. Americans talk much slower than us fast talking Aussie's.
I hear you Yanks find Canadian accent funny. So you can't go around and judge someone that reckons American accents are funny you just judged us Aussie's as well.
Rachael
 Avanka
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2008 6:02:07 AM reply with quote send message to Avanka Object to Post

Not meaning to start anything - but I never judged anyone. I simply stated that by saying that American accents are annoying, I pointed out that others may find Aussie accents annoying, too.

I know that people talk differently in different places - heck, you head to Virginia or NY here, and it is so much different from Michigan or Wisconsin - and having lived in the UK for multiple years and travelling abroad (Australia included), I KNOW that it is different.

That is what makes our world so neat laugh :D

I personally like accents. I love Australian accents and British accents. My own is sort of a mix between American and British - so Americans find it weird sometimes and when I visit my friends in the UK, they think I sound funny.

Again, not meaning to start anything...I could just post in the RL SD forum for that sort of drama, lol!!

About the original topic: I don't like any of the shows aired on TV.
I watch National Geographic and Animal Planet and that is about it. My grandma LOVES Dancing with the Stars and other shows similar to that. I watched it one time with her and it was actually pretty good - but I am not a huge TV watcher, so I never saw the other shows.

I hope your teacher does well - be sure to keep us all updated (myself included!).

harvey ned
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2008 1:48:08 AM reply with quote send message to harvey ned Object to Post

oh my mistake she didn't get in.....she got out at the chirography round...awww..

oh well at least she made that!!

there is definately some GREAT dancers, did anyone see the 15 year old boy OMG he was AMAZING
 Keavine Dobies
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2008 5:03:40 AM reply with quote send message to Keavine Dobies Object to Post

that 15 year old boy was a bit offputting.....if that was my son Id rather he play a sport or do somethign blokey.....or if he's going to dance at least get him to do hip hop or breakdance.....I just found him a bit odd
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2008 9:36:55 PM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post

YES!!
I was blown away by that boy, if Dance is still in Australia when he turns 18, then the rest of the dancers had better look out! LOL
Just refering to the post ubove, I have noticed from American Dance, that the dancers with "clasical" dance training seemed to be able to do more styles, better, than the ones who did hip hop or break dancing or stepping.
I thought it was eirily beutiful when he danced.
I also liked the Aboriginal from perth (I missed his name)and several from Melborne.
Did anybody find it odd (and no offence to anybody, since I've lived in every City except Sydney and Adelaide) that the largest number of awsome dancers came from Melbourne?
There seemed to be three times as many as in any other city!
Do you think there's something in the water??LOL!
 Glory
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2008 10:47:56 PM reply with quote send message to Glory Object to Post

posted by Keavine Dobies
that 15 year old boy was a bit offputting.....if that was my son Id rather he play a sport or do somethign blokey.....or if he's going to dance at least get him to do hip hop or breakdance.....I just found him a bit odd
Lmao.

Alyssa
 Arkadian Utopia
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2008 8:42:31 PM reply with quote send message to Arkadian Utopia Object to Post

The top 20 are UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!
I particularly loved Sermsah, Henry and Rhys.
They were awesome and Rhys's waltz was so beautiful I nearly cried! LOL
Can't wait for next week!!!
 harvey ned
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 5:14:27 AM reply with quote send message to harvey ned Object to Post

posted by Arkadian Utopia
The top 20 are UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!
I particularly loved Sermsah, Henry and Rhys.
They were awesome and Rhys's waltz was so beautiful I nearly cried! LOL
Can't wait for next week!!!

hehe i agree with the dance

i love em all!

Kuwanyauma
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2008 11:19:54 PM reply with quote send message to Kuwanyauma Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by Arkadian Utopia
YES!!
I was blown away by that boy, if Dance is still in Australia when he turns 18, then the rest of the dancers had better look out! LOL
Just refering to the post ubove, I have noticed from American Dance, that the dancers with "clasical" dance training seemed to be able to do more styles, better, than the ones who did hip hop or break dancing or stepping.
I thought it was eirily beutiful when he danced.
I also liked the Aboriginal from perth (I missed his name)and several from Melborne.
Did anybody find it odd (and no offence to anybody, since I've lived in every City except Sydney and Adelaide) that the largest number of awsome dancers came from Melbourne?
There seemed to be three times as many as in any other city!
Do you think there's something in the water??LOL!

The Australian Ballet School is based in Melbourne........

posted by Keavine Dobies
That is rather harsh and shows your ignorance in what that boy did! I have danced my whole life and my dance teacher is number 1 in Australia for teaching boys(at least one of our boys is in every major company in Australia, as well as quite a few overseas) He is exquisite....

As for "doing something blokey" - did you know many professional footballers have taken ballet in order to improve their fitness and their jumping ability (findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1083/is_1_78/ai_112212780). We've had adult police officers and firemen come through our school, suggested by their physio, to help rebuild muscle after accidents where one of their leg's was broken.

Classical dancers can learn hip hop/breakdancing relatively easily, quickly and can perform it fairly well - I think this competition has shown this - but how many strictly hip hop/breakers could you see doing classical or what that boy performed? Answer; not many, if any.......

BMK Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2008 6:14:47 AM reply with quote send message to BMK Kennels Object to Post

hahaha not trying to cause a fight.......I actually admire the guy for dancing in front of such a big tv audience....I know as a teenage boy how much ridicule he has probably gotten over the years for being a dancer from his peers,Im not totally agaisnt males dancing - my son is going to start dancing classes in a while but what I meant by something blokey is something like hip hop or breakdancing - plus I think my 2 yr old will love it - I just happen to find guys doing such artsy ballet style dancing a bit too iffemenate for my tastes - and yes i know how hard ballet is as I did it myself for 18 years!~
 BMK Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2008 6:17:26 AM reply with quote send message to BMK Kennels Object to Post

Oh sorry......Im using my son's account - Im just replying to the above post - normally I only ever post as Keavine dobies but was just looking at my sons pups since hes away at grandmas for the school holidays!
 Bizzare
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2008 7:46:29 PM reply with quote send message to Bizzare Object to Post

I had plans to audition in that, but the sydney auditions i was in melbourne at the time showing my aussie shep gah!, ah well next year laugh :D.
LOL what else is new for aussies to follow in the american footsteps ... its all we ever seem to do lol.
Bizzare
 Razorback Ridges
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2008 8:58:12 AM reply with quote send message to Razorback Ridges Object to Post

posted by Bizzare
LOL what else is new for aussies to follow in the american footsteps ... its all we ever seem to do lol.
Bizzare

Yeh I know im getting pretty sick of it :S
Rachael

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.