Search

.com Forum · Plott

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Insane numbers needed for majors
 kilohana show dogs
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/27/2023 10:09:19 PM reply with quote send message to kilohana show dogs Object to Post   

Ok…I took a break for a bit, and I come back to see that shows are being flooded with Starter Dogs, and now it takes like 29 for a major?!

Please quit throwing all dogs in one show! It skews the numbers needed for majors. If you must show Starters, spread them out in every show every day!

The breed will never get back to normal numbers needed for majors if this keeps happening! It’s really disheartening…
 tiamerou
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2023 10:16:35 PM reply with quote send message to tiamerou Object to Post

Yes, though your non-starters will likely always win over the ones that are screwing up the point schedule anyway. Maybe the 10 or so kennels who are probably the same person isn't aware of how the point schedule changes with entries and that more than a certain amount isn't necessary to get majors.
 kilohana show dogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/28/2023 8:12:08 AM reply with quote send message to kilohana show dogs Object to Post

Yes, once I have sessioned dogs of age, they would win over the unsessioned starters…if those kennels are even still active then! There haven’t been any entries in a few days. If not, then it will be quite a while before I can get any dogs finished with these high numbers lol

Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2023 7:12:28 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I've started with Starter dogs in Plott's, with a couple of hidden dogs to use.

I would be grateful if you were willing to sell some puppies.

BTW, this is NOT ME...lol.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class