.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

seawood
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2008 10:22:46 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

We have a little volkswagon passat, to fill 'er up is about 55 bucks... I'm horrified
 Little Rosebuds
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2008 12:18:35 AM reply with quote send message to Little Rosebuds Object to Post

well dang...we were talking about gas prices at dinner

my uncle is about to get an RV apprx $360-$400 to fill it up, an 80 gallon tank, and it gets 4-8 m/gallon

and my dads delivery truck(my parents own a mattress and furniture store) takes about $200 to fill up(he drives it at least twice a week and fills it up once every two weeks...)
 Whispering Elms Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2008 5:20:39 AM reply with quote send message to Whispering Elms Kennels Object to Post

I was going to work on Friday and when I passed my usual station, gas was $4.29. When I came home, it was $4.35. How is that possible? I think there is a lot of speculation going on and we are paying the price (literally).
 kmr kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2008 1:58:02 AM reply with quote send message to kmr kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I was just reading that people near Mexican border are crossing to buy gas there..the mexican president has set the gas prices to protect against inflation...gas is going for about $2.50 a gallon US, and a bit less if you buy it in pesos. Quite a few people are waiting the 2hours in line to make the crossing just to fill up their large trucks/SUVs/work vans/etc.

www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20080614-9999-1n14tjgas.html
 Romance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2008 1:39:10 PM reply with quote send message to Romance Kennels Object to Post

I would too!

*tries to figure the cost to drive from dallas to mexico*
 Cold_up_north
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2008 3:10:27 AM reply with quote send message to Cold_up_north Object to Post

My dad commutes to work every day and spends at least $80 every fill up (ford pickup). Gas prices here are at least $4.00.....I heard on the news that prices will soon reach $8!!!! (how soon, I'm not sure of).

Lately, we've been walking everywhere we can. Also....if you live in an area with trains or busses.....TAKE THEM!!!!

I hope with the new presidential elections whoever wins has a surefire plan to fix this problem!!

~Snow Cap
 WitchyLove
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2008 9:54:58 AM reply with quote send message to WitchyLove Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Ahh.. i remember when it was 4 dollars.. sigh.. on Base its 4.50. (military)

And if i lived closer to the border i would definately be crossing it daily to fill up the tanks, a few extra cans... everything. then it would cost 70 dollars for 15 gallons.. ugh..
 Razorback Ridgebacks
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2008 9:50:55 PM reply with quote send message to Razorback Ridgebacks Object to Post

I think You's have it cheaper than us Aussie's
its $1.65 here per LITRE and goin up :S
I think there is 4 litres to a gallon so it works out about $6.60 per gallon here.
gas is about 70 a litre
Diesel $1.80 - $1.90 a litre.

I go through $80-$90 in fuel a week and thats a 50 litre tank a little 4 cylinder Ford Laser. Makes me want to buy a little scootre to get around.
 DeadSet
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2008 8:11:03 AM reply with quote send message to DeadSet Object to Post

6.60. YIKES. But sadly that seems to be our very near future.

~Morgan
 abc123Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2008 11:43:03 AM reply with quote send message to abc123Kennels Object to Post

Anyone in CA know what the prices are like there? We were so happy with gas prices here when we moved. Now the prices here make us wince (esp. with our big, beautiful, lifted diesel truck), and I can't imagine what it's at there.

As far as a surefire solution, Snow Cap...I wouldn't count on it.

ABC
 Sunnierhawk0
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2008 9:41:35 PM reply with quote send message to Sunnierhawk0 Object to Post

In my car that I'm soon to be getting back from my mother, its got a 26 gallon takes, and when completley empty... it takes a solid $100 to fill up. And only gets around 14 mpg. OH JOY I CANT WAIT!

So stop your comaplining mo'! haha
 DeadSet
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2008 5:43:39 PM reply with quote send message to DeadSet Object to Post

I will complain all I want! I got my car BECAUSE it gets good gas mileage! Now it seemingly does. ROFL. Is it bad I had a nightmare last now about filling up my car? I was filling it, and I looked the thing is at 40 dollars which is about how much it takes to fill. So I was like "It hasn't stopped yet but close enough" I get into the car and it was barely half full!! Talk about a nightmare...

~Morgan
 Sunnierhawk0
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2008 5:46:06 PM reply with quote send message to Sunnierhawk0 Object to Post

Did you guys hear about the guy who was shot for stealing gas from someone's car?

How sad is it that a) you have to steal gas in the first place and b) you SHOOT someone for it ???

I can understand calling the police. I can understand getting very upset. But I honestly can not understand risking a human life because they are stealing some gas. If they need it that bad, let them take it IMO. Its not worth the possibility of killing someone.
 Kingdom Cane Corso
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2008 3:02:35 AM reply with quote send message to Kingdom Cane Corso Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Dude. It's 1.45/litre right now in BC... so that's like... 5.49 in the states? I don't drive yet but probably won't ever. I'll get an electrical car......

I think there is 4 litres to a gallon so it works out about $6.60 per gallon here.
3.785411 liters per gallon (US).
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2008 7:02:42 AM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

We just got a 68 mustang, we were joking about one gallon per foot...
 Kingdom Cane Corso
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2008 4:03:47 PM reply with quote send message to Kingdom Cane Corso Object to Post

Sick...

My friend's Mom has a Métis card and she gets 12 cents cheaper gas than the actual price. So we're like gunna start getting her to fill up our cars hehe.
 Lotsa Love Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2008 1:24:17 PM reply with quote send message to Lotsa Love Kennels Object to Post

Dont get me started on this.LMAO.

Our familys truck that we take to all the cattle shows and stuff is a Chevy Silverado 2004 model,extended cap 4-door.And its dieselYou folks with the cars and stuff aint got the worst of it...until you have a diesel truck.

Here is a list of all the cars we have:
Toyota 4-runner-Moms car

Chevy Silverado Diesel- Family truck

Chevy Silverado '88 model- Its the old truck that we just drive arund for erin,lol.We call it old blue.

Hyundai Elantra- Sisters car-GREAT mileage

Mazda 6- My car...lol.

Im just hoping and praying they go down!
-LLK
 CaboodleIWS
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2008 7:24:53 PM reply with quote send message to CaboodleIWS Object to Post

Diesel is higher priced - true - but a tank tends to last longer than a tank of gasoline. I just road from southern Wisconsin to Canada on a single tank of Diesel fuel (10+ hours) in a Sprinter loaded with dogs and pulling a small cargo trailer. That same drive would have taken a minimum of a tank and a half with my 4-door Chevy Malibu.

I, too, live in an area with the highest gas prices in the country... cheap here is $4.25, though I found it for $4.17 the other day. Luckily, I live in the suburbs. Downtown it's nearly $5.00 a gallon already, and still continuing to go up.
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2008 7:33:20 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

I think some people have to start to kind of move away from gasoline, because someday it won't be here. It's going to be hard without it!
 Golden Faith
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2008 9:04:41 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Faith Object to Post

Whoa! That's a TON of money for some gas!

I know different states might have different prices - when I went to visit my cousins in California it cost well over $5. In Illinois it ranges between $4.10-$4.20 (thanks to my older sis for telling me this amount wink ;)).

Hopefully gas prices will soon stop being an issue....

Replies in this thread : 83
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.