Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 43
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Wayward Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/6/2009 5:10:16 AM reply with quote send message to Wayward Kennels Object to Post

There is a control bill tabled now which would replace the dangerous dog act and effectively repeal all breed specific legislation.

Face value it seems great but it gives far to much power to the average local authority worker who may be clueless about dogs. The anti-dog brigade is growing in the UK you only have to look at the ever increasing dog control orders being put into force by local authorities on KC dog announcement list. To give these individuals the power to seize/euthanise your dog if 'they' consider it is behaving or has the potential to behave in an inappropriate manner is just crazy.

I support the bill but wish to see it implemented by registered dog wardens and police only. I have written to my MP and will lobby hard but would urge the rest of you to do the same.
 Zikka
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2009 9:54:47 AM reply with quote send message to Zikka Object to Post

I have a staffie/german shepherd cross breed and he's a lovely natured dog. He can be aggressive towards other dogs, its a dominance issue he has. But I'm well able to control him on and off lead so I don't worry about it.

Outright bans on "dangerous dog breeds" is stupid and pointless. I've been attacked by a Yorkie before. It leapt straight up and tore through my hand, had to have 8 stitches. Does that make Yorkies a dangerous breed?

I'm not scared of any dog, regardless of how aggressive it is. Any dog can be re-trained with the right knowledge available. As long as responsible owners take the necessary precautions it shouldn't be a problem.

Owners create aggressive dogs, most of the time. Irresponsible owners need re-educating. Instead of banning breeds because they're "dangerous" I'd love to see more government sponsored classes to educate people on the proper ways to train and handle dogs.
 dogwolflover
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2009 12:05:23 PM reply with quote send message to dogwolflover Object to Post

i think its really unfar that a certain dog breed should get banned when the dogs that have attacked probably did it because their owners train them. it is that the LAW is in the wrong. like on that shark program it said that more people get killed by toasters than most animals but u dont go killing toasters do u?

Replies in this thread : 43
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing