Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : I Need an Australian Guide!
 Cave Canum Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/9/2008 7:39:34 PM reply with quote send message to Cave Canum Kennels Object to Post   

Hello Aussies,

I know this is rather off topic for showdog, but I am an American preveterinary student looking to study veterinary medicine in Australia and I need some help. I was looking for some insider information on the best places to live, the culture, weather, schools, or anything you can tell me about your homeland. It's hard to get an idea from websites and I thought that chatting with a citizen would give me the best info.

Please send me a message if you wouldn't mind helping!
Thanks so much,
Sara
 Jypsee Wizard Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/10/2008 5:00:31 AM reply with quote send message to Jypsee Wizard Kennels Object to Post

Where abouts in Oz are you planning to live? There are plenty of SD through out Oz.
Rach
 Noir Et Blanc Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2008 10:51:05 PM reply with quote send message to Noir Et Blanc Kennels Object to Post

I think Victoria is great- housing and cost of living in Sydney is VERY expensive. Perth has a lot of new building and Melbourne has really old ones (Im a sucker for old architecture). Darwin hardly ever gets lower than 33c in tempreture all year round- but you get cyclones/hurricanes (as does most of the upper 3rd of Australia. Melbourne's weather is definately unpredictable, but we have one of the best dog showing facilities in Australia with areas for all aspects of dog ownership- from lure coursing and earthdog arenas, to herding and obed and confo showing.

Melbourne is very laid back- I dont know about other capitals, Ive been to Sydney and it was very hustle bustle and Launceston in Tasmania was really really quiet.

Do your research on the best schools. I know if you are Australian and want to do vet science- your scores at the end of high school must be within the top 10% of scores nationwide.

Dont know what else you want to know- but email me in this kennl if you come up with any questions- Id be glad to try and help

Robyn

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.