Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 138
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

sscressa11
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2008 10:16:42 PM reply with quote send message to sscressa11 Object to Post

posted by cerfurth
Waaaaay up North in Wasilla, Alaska....Its cold and dark here!
EEE! Another Alaskan! I was born and raised for 12yrs up there! I would soo move back except for my dogs. I used to live in Anchorage.
Stella
 WoofersKennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2008 12:31:38 AM reply with quote send message to WoofersKennel Object to Post

posted by cerfurth
OMG I'm so jealous >.< I'll trade ya anyday laugh :D. Ohio here, just a few minutes away from michigan
happy :)
Woof
 the loving pups
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2008 6:15:19 AM reply with quote send message to the loving pups Object to Post

lol, eew, Palin laugh :D (strong democrat) laugh :D
 alaska kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2008 4:08:21 PM reply with quote send message to alaska kennel Object to Post

Cool there are more Alaskans on here!....

I'm in North Pole, Alaska and right now it's cold and very bright out.

Kris@AK
 Peace Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2008 4:13:47 PM reply with quote send message to Peace Kennels Object to Post

posted by WoofersKennel
posted by cerfurth
OMG I'm so jealous >.< I'll trade ya anyday laugh :D. Ohio here, just a few minutes away from michigan
Woof

xD Me too! I'd love to see snow! The closest we get to snow is ice cream! >.<

~Sam <33
 WoofersKennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2008 4:16:26 PM reply with quote send message to WoofersKennel Object to Post

Lol peace we get snow up here, but I still want cold and dark...Yeah last year we had 8+ inches storm several times, but normally there's just a few inches covering through winter
Woof
 cerfurth
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2008 1:06:54 AM reply with quote send message to cerfurth Object to Post

I'll take a warm sunny beach anyday...I'll send you all my snow and cold...I'll even loan you my snow shovels!
 Beverly hills Chihuahuas
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2008 7:49:57 PM reply with quote send message to Beverly hills Chihuahuas Object to Post

Virginia! Oldest state in the USA! soo historical and beautiful. and I live right near DC! b^_^d
 Dreamsicle
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2008 3:19:17 PM reply with quote send message to Dreamsicle Object to Post

I went to DC two weeks ago and it is an awesome city. You are lucky to live close to it. Though I am proud to live in Kentucky. wink ;)
 NorwegianPride
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2008 5:15:52 PM reply with quote send message to NorwegianPride Object to Post

I'm moving to alaska in a couple of months. Any tips, People from alaska?

Cheers,
Morgan@BlueMoon Kennel

Bring on the cold!!
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2008 5:45:44 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

New York, hoping to become a Montanian in a couple years.

-Cassie
 cerfurth
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2008 4:46:15 PM reply with quote send message to cerfurth Object to Post

posted by NorwegianPride

Cheers,
Morgan@BlueMoon Kennel

Bring on the cold!!

Welcome to Alaska! What city will you be moving to? I am in Wasilla. You will want to bring fishing and hunting gear, Bug spray, winter sports gear,and a camera. Watch out for moose. Bears like dog food, bird seed, and all trash cans..in spring time you will need to keep those out of bear reach. You will be here in time for the Iditarod in March! You will be known as a "cheechako" that is a newcomer to Alaska. The "Lower 48" means the lower 48 states and traveling to those states is referred to as "going outside". We call snowmobiles, "snow machines". You will see Eagles everywhere! The Northern lights are truly amazing. Never try to force a frozen car door open...I learned that the hard way..had to get in my car from the passenger side for over a year! Alaskans are very friendly, and Alaska is a unique and beautiful state. Living here is definitely an experience! I am a former Californian and I miss summer nights, swimming pools and fresh fruit! The mosquitos here are Huge! We do not have snakes, fleas or skunks! I can think of a million other things to tell you, but those are the things that come to mind right now...
Have a safe move and again..Welcome to Alaska!
 Prissy Pie
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2008 6:11:46 PM reply with quote send message to Prissy Pie Object to Post

North Carolina!
 Shear Shepherds
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2008 12:26:48 PM reply with quote send message to Shear Shepherds Object to Post

Was from Massachusetts, now I live in Vermont.
I own a real kennel where I have been breeding German Shepherd Dogs for over 30 years. If you want to know more please visit my website- www.marusasma.com

-The snow is blinding-
Shear Shepherds.
 Green Frogs Resort
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2008 3:22:11 PM reply with quote send message to Green Frogs Resort Object to Post

^^Yay Mass.!
 Pine Tree Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2008 5:55:59 PM reply with quote send message to Pine Tree Kennels Object to Post

Born in Fort Benning, Georgia
Fort Lewis, Washington
San Antonio, Texas
And now back at Fort Benning

Texas was my favorite state to live. It's not as humid as it is here in Georgia nor as wet as Washington.
 Shallow River kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2008 9:56:38 PM reply with quote send message to Shallow River kennels Object to Post

Born in California!

-Now I live in good old Kansas (Its nothing like wizard of oz's description laugh :D) lol
 Golden Faith
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2008 9:39:22 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Faith Object to Post

Illinois! State bearing the Windy City as well as baby earthquakes and the occasional tornado. I LOVE it. happy :)
 AvalonMyst
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2008 10:34:50 PM reply with quote send message to AvalonMyst Object to Post

I'm from Delaware here happy :)
 NorwegianPride
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2008 8:05:31 AM reply with quote send message to NorwegianPride Object to Post

posted by cerfurth
posted by NorwegianPride

Cheers,
Morgan@BlueMoon Kennel

Bring on the cold!!

Welcome to Alaska! What city will you be moving to? I am in Wasilla. You will want to bring fishing and hunting gear, Bug spray, winter sports gear,and a camera. Watch out for moose. Bears like dog food, bird seed, and all trash cans..in spring time you will need to keep those out of bear reach. You will be here in time for the Iditarod in March! You will be known as a "cheechako" that is a newcomer to Alaska. The "Lower 48" means the lower 48 states and traveling to those states is referred to as "going outside". We call snowmobiles, "snow machines". You will see Eagles everywhere! The Northern lights are truly amazing. Never try to force a frozen car door open...I learned that the hard way..had to get in my car from the passenger side for over a year! Alaskans are very friendly, and Alaska is a unique and beautiful state. Living here is definitely an experience! I am a former Californian and I miss summer nights, swimming pools and fresh fruit! The mosquitos here are Huge! We do not have snakes, fleas or skunks! I can think of a million other things to tell you, but those are the things that come to mind right now...
Have a safe move and again..Welcome to Alaska!

Thanks for the welcomehappy :)

I'll be moving to, Ambler, Alaska in mid feburary or so. I'm planing on wathcing the iditarodhappy :) Do you know what is the coldest tempature is? Thanks for the tips!!

Cheers,
Morgan@BlueMoon Kennel

Replies in this thread : 138
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.