.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 39
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Anyone own a farm?
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/25/2008 11:09:35 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

user wiped their message
 Brutally Honest
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2008 12:09:38 PM reply with quote send message to Brutally Honest Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

60 cats is way too many for any one person or family to own. (Unless they're true breeders) If they're all related it seems that your cousin's have a big spay/neuter problem.
~Kate
 Torrey Pines Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2008 1:46:23 PM reply with quote send message to Torrey Pines Kennels Object to Post

Farm cats are used for rodent control in the country. There is probably a feral colony on their property.
 Brutally Honest
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2008 1:52:34 PM reply with quote send message to Brutally Honest Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

That's understood. But if they own them I think it would be in the best interest of their cats to have them spayed and/or neutered.

ETA: That I go to college that's situated on a farm, so technically I do live on a farm.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2008 1:53:00 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Half of them are fixed.and there is an old barn that is filled with pray for them.they own more than 20 acers
 Jumping Jacks of Glory
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2008 8:48:06 PM reply with quote send message to Jumping Jacks of Glory Object to Post

WCK said 30 cats not 60 BH

Brutally Honest
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2008 9:35:39 PM reply with quote send message to Brutally Honest Object to Post

posted by Jumping Jacks of Glory
WCK said 30 cats not 60 BH

Really?
O_o
Because believe it or not that's not what they said before they edited their post...
 Chiaha
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2008 9:40:09 PM reply with quote send message to Chiaha Object to Post

No worries Kate, Welsh Corgi Kennel person is well known for attention seeking posts. Give em a few days and it will be an even dozen.

But, feral or not, anyone who allows cats to reproduce like that on their property should be smacked with a newspaper.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 12:26:32 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Hey, with 30 cats, it could really be only a couple hours before the population doubles to 60! wink ;) Tho obviously the OP is reducing the number instead quickly. Coyotes meybe hah?

That's a lot of cat poop. We had a dumpoff "momma cat" at work, my coworkers who decided to feed her didn't catch and spay her like everyone else said. Soon there was cat poop all over the place. What a mess. Then they had to start trapping the offspring and grandoffspring, poor things. You know they got put down as they were feral adults.

Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 8:47:36 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

first of,the cats live outside and there is a sickness were I live were alot Of cats are dieing,(sorry if spelt rong) I counted them the other day and found out that there is 11.so dont get all prissy about.
 Brutally Honest
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 11:50:25 AM reply with quote send message to Brutally Honest Object to Post

posted by Welsh Corgi Kennels
first of,the cats live outside and there is a sickness were I live were alot Of cats are dieing,(sorry if spelt rong) I counted them the other day and found out that there is 11.so dont get all prissy about.
No ones getting prissy. It's just odd that in 2 days the number of cats (related or dropped off) went from 60, to 30, and now there's 11.
 Jumping Jacks of Glory
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 11:54:13 AM reply with quote send message to Jumping Jacks of Glory Object to Post

posted by Brutally Honest
posted by Welsh Corgi Kennels
No ones getting prissy. It's just odd that in 2 days the number of cats (related or dropped off) went from 60, to 30, and now there's 11.

Yeah thats kind of weird. But maybe it was a bit exaggerated to start off. But like someone earlier said they could be getting killed by Coyotes and wolves as well. But not 49 of them in 2 days.

JJG
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 12:01:00 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

ok,I made up 60 cats,but there really was 27 or so,and they have been dieing,I am NOT makeing that up.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 12:02:43 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

also,they did not just die in two days,they have had those cats for years.
 Jumping Jacks of Glory
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 12:14:22 PM reply with quote send message to Jumping Jacks of Glory Object to Post

Either way it doesn't matter happy :)

JJG
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2008 12:15:44 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

let this post drop,its WAY off topic that I asked for.
 Little River Dog
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2008 7:26:05 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Dog Object to Post

just to be on topic. I live on a 10 acre farm with 3 horses, 4 dogs, 3 cats, and a rabbit.
 BrokenLineLovers
Basic User

Basic User
11/14/2008 4:34:55 PM reply with quote send message to BrokenLineLovers Object to Post

posted by Chiaha
No worries Kate, Welsh Corgi Kennel person is well known for attention seeking posts. Give em a few days and it will be an even dozen.

But, feral or not, anyone who allows cats to reproduce like that on their property should be smacked with a newspaper.

Haha, sorry. That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Smacked with a newspaper. Somehow, I don't think it would help though.

As for the original post... I don't live on a farm, exactly. I live by one. Or, right by one. And I'm surrounded by them. I often do work for many of the farmers around here and I love, love, LOVE working with their dogs.
 Prissy Pie
Basic User

Basic User
11/19/2008 9:26:11 AM reply with quote send message to Prissy Pie Object to Post

posted by Chiaha

Prissy Pie
Basic User

Basic User
11/19/2008 9:27:39 AM reply with quote send message to Prissy Pie Object to Post

Hey,lets not knock her in the head,ok?Maybe she's doing the best she can.Smacking people with newspapers will not get people to listen to you!
 GSDkennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2008 2:58:24 PM reply with quote send message to GSDkennels Object to Post

Back on topic, I live on a farm. I own sheep and goats that I raise for 4-H. I also have a horse and a donkey, some rabbits, some cats, and some dogs. happy :) I enjoy it but it means early mornings for feeding. lol

Silver Tree

Replies in this thread : 39
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.