Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Free pet adoptions!
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/23/2008 1:05:59 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post   

I also posted this in the off topic forum.listen up if you live in so cal! FREE pet adoptions in 6 la(county,I believe.)shelters. For the first 300 pet adoptions in the next 48 hours.
All fees are payed. Free microchipping,adoption fees, and spay or neuter surgery! A generous money donor has donated to these shelters. I believe this is a miracle from God. I was thinking about this kind of thing just last night. AMAZING miracle! So if you live in so cal and have always wanted to adopt a pet,here's your chance! Thanks for reading, ~hp08~
 Snider
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:00:54 PM reply with quote send message to Snider Object to Post

I have very mixed emotions about such a "Free" adoption. I would hope some very strict guidelines are in place prior to adoption. I see an adoption fee as a necessity to weed out SOME that are not financially able to properly care for a pet. Just because those that WANT to adopt a pet can finally do so does not mean that they should. I strictly believe that if you can’t afford to purchase or adopt a pet because of high fees/price then you are not capable of affording a pet and provide everything the pet needs. Proper pet care is NOT cheap and that is just meeting the everyday needs of the pet. I’m sure I don’t even need to mention the high cost of vet care for both annual care and emergency care.

Nope, I just don’t see this as a good thing at all.

Terri ~
 Romance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:02:35 PM reply with quote send message to Romance Kennels Object to Post

Its part of a new Shelter Dog Month type thing.

I read it in Dog Fancy I believe, the January issue. Ill track down the article in a bit.
 Snider
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:13:20 PM reply with quote send message to Snider Object to Post

posted by Romance Kennels
Its part of a new Shelter Dog Month type thing.

I read it in Dog Fancy I believe, the January issue. Ill track down the article in a bit.

I do know some shelters waive fees for seniors wishing to adopt a senior pet, but the agreement also allows some financial support for the pet. I think that is a wonderful thing and a great opportunity for both the pets and the seniors adopting. However, 300 pets flying out the door via a free adoption "sale" just scares me.

Terri ~
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:45:55 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post

I do understand what you're saying. That makes sense.I just thought I should throw that out there.happy :)~hp08~
 morning mist cavaliers
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2009 6:43:36 PM reply with quote send message to morning mist cavaliers Object to Post

I love dogfancy!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.