Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

AJAX Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2009 4:36:50 PM reply with quote send message to AJAX Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Dont worry.
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/28/2009 10:12:54 AM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, if you think he is being cruel then you obviously don't understand dogs and their language and way of being at all...
Not sure if that part was aimed at me (ignore if wasn't) but I just wanted to clarify that I don't think the guy's methods are cruel, I just think they are a little aggresive - like dogs can be with each other, I know that. I just wouldn't like to train my dogs like that, that's all.

JoeNJackies
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2009 12:31:50 PM reply with quote send message to JoeNJackies Object to Post

My husband was watching a video of Caesar Milan on the internet and it was claiming he uses shocks to control the dogs. While I don't know if that's true (and I'm not sure what the source of the video was. I'll have to ask him for it), I can say that from that one episode, I DO NOT like his methods. Maybe it's unfair to judge by one episode, but putting a dog and people in danger is NOT commendable.

There was a little dog that hated being groomed. I'm not sure if he had any other issues (probably) but this is the part I saw. So what did Caesar do? He struffed the snarling angry dog (not big deal) and kept holding him and holding him and holding him. Caesar was bit and he just let the dog continue to bite him (with the idea that if you back off, the dog learns that behavior solves the problem) and said "don't worry, it's just a puncture wound" and well, whatever, if he gets himself bit fine, that's his body. But, what REALLY p-ed me off was when he brought out the scissors. The dog is obviously terrified of them, still snarling. Caesar brings the scissors CLOSE TO THE DOG'S FACE and the dog is trying to bite still, and nearly gets stabbed in the mouth by the scissors. This is just dangerous to the dog! He starts clipping the hair around his eyes and stuff and the dog is clearly not happy..He's still scruffing the dog this whole time. Then Caesar hands over the scissors to the owner who is NOT AN EXPERT and has her do the same thing!! How dangerous is that?? The dog is still growling and snapping when it can and she starts clipping his hair and she is saying "wow, I never thought I'd be able to cut his hair!" OMFG! The dog is STILL scruffed, but by this time he is panting heavily. It's not that he's "trained" now. I do NOT agree with this. It was dangerous for everyone involved.

edit: I found the video on his facebook account. I'm not sure if linking it like this will work, but it's not on youtube or anything and I'm not sure where else to find the video

www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=1160909300600&oid=20444826822&ref=nf
 Butterflyroad
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2010 11:29:06 AM reply with quote send message to Butterflyroad Object to Post

If he really kicked on a dog on T.V. then he would of got arrested by now. I like him. I've used some of his training methods and they have really worked for me. He seems to know the dogs way of thinking. Like the dogs he doesn't ask them to do some thing he tells them to do it.
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2010 4:54:43 PM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

posted by honcho
posted by Majestic Kennel
This makes me want to laugh. Ceser,never being mean to the dog,but showing who is boss. He so caled 'pins' them,because thats how dogs do that,they show who's dominate. Pinning never hurts the dogs. He is very gentle with the dogs,and he touches them with his feet. He puts his foot in a pressure point,causing the dog to flinch or back off.

Look at the dogs BODY LANGUAGE!!!They dont respect him they fear for their lives. I am VERY Familiar with his training techniques in front of the camera AND behind the scenes. I live in a very multiple dog house hold have I ever seen one of the dogs put another on their backs? No I never have not even it our very dominant male, Growling yes. Heck I growl at them if they get in my face. Ceasar is a fad that will eventually wither up and go away...all the better for innocently ignorant people.

*capitals are not ment as yelling, just emphasis*

How would you know about the dogs body language? Hes not scaring them half to death, hes telling them that he is boss and is using this technique to tell them that. I believe he is in no way cruel to the dog, dogs do it to each other all the time. Telling each other that they're the boss and this is how they show it.

But everyone had their own opinions.

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.